• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

im totally jonesin' RATDOG

#57120 2 years, 10 months ago
dont get me wrong, i totally dig furthur, i think they sound alot more like the good ol GD than ratdog, and they are even taking the music to new places, i love bobs and phils interplay the only way i could be happier, is if phil became ratdogs bass player. that would be the shit. but that wont happen, and id be just as happy to have wassy back.
ok hear me out, i know we are all lucky for any incarnation they chose to play with, but i really miss the interpaly between mark, jeff, jay, and kenny, not to mention bob.
after NYE please bob
BRING BACK THE DOG.
record and album at TRI and tour n support PLEASE! dont loose jay to primus forever because you were making more money doin this furthur thing. get mark and kenny on the phone, please. and play some west coast shows in nice cozy indoor venues. thank you.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

Re: im totally jonesin' RATDOG

#57129 2 years, 10 months ago
Heck yeah! Bring back the dog!!!!!!!!!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57131 2 years, 10 months ago
I would love to see Ratdog again, I was only able to catch them 3 times. I like Furthur a lot though and wouldn't want them to disband for Ratdog but it'd be cool if Bob wanted to bring the Dog back between shows or something. I'll take whatever and be happy with it, if Furthur calls it quits I'll follow Bob around just as much and Ratdog would play much smaller/more intimate venues...
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57142 2 years, 10 months ago
i never really heard a lot of "interplay" within ratdog. the jams always seemed too planned, kind of like how furthur sounded at first.don't get me wrong i enjoyed some of their shows and saw many but interplay, improvisation, PHIL AND FRIENDS...if furthur disbanded so bob could bring that back full time my head would split right open...i say keep whacking away at the furthur thing until it gets stale...hopefully large arenas don't fast forward that process...

i do wish furthur would bring in a couple more ratdoggy tunes like odessa
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
arjanstar
Junior Boarder

#57165 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh, I so can relate!
I miss my Ratdog!
Feel good music in your soul. Make your body want to Rock and Roll!
Chester
More or less in line

#57174 2 years, 10 months ago
The Dog will run again. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#57204 2 years, 10 months ago
i hope bob gets rob wasserman and rob sylvester to work on the new ratdog album at TRI. that would be the shiznit. then a west coast club tour to follow, like this spring.
Time to create page: 2.94 seconds