• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Today's Pranksters

#57093 2 years, 11 months ago
On Friday, Talking Points Memo posted mugshots of these 16 people who the federal government has arrested for being part of Anonymous, the computer hacker group that took down PayPal and other websites after they stopped taking donations from Wikileaks, the site that released confidential documents involving the war in Iraq, diplomacy, and other governmental activity both domestic and international.

Within hours the Talking Points Memo website was taken off the web after somebody launched a denial of service attack, basically just flooding the site. It did no harm, but f'd up TPM for awhile. By the way, TPM is a progressive, left leaning site.

Here are the mugshots. To advance, look in upper right corner.

media.talkingpointsmemo.com/slideshow/an...ots-unmasked?ref=fpb

I try to keep politics and real news off this board, but I thought many of you would be interested. I have mixed feelings about this group, but I kinda root for them, so I've also included a fitting Youtube video, as is my practice.

Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Terrapin Sedation. Reason: spell check
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Today's Pranksters

#57095 2 years, 11 months ago
It was not my intention to put this site at risk, although I may have.

I will leave it up to the moderators on whether they wish to keep it posted or not.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#57113 2 years, 11 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:

...I try to keep politics and real news off this board,...

Speaking for myself only, I have zero problem seeing both political opinion and hard news items/views being posted here. The problem that I see arising from such posts are the vast many left in the dark by such issues expressed as well as a basic lack of understanding in just what constitutes a legitimate argument versus a more typical, emotional Ad hominem presentation.

I for one think this board could do with more intellectual expression and less frivolity. Just one opinion - mine.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#57123 2 years, 11 months ago
less reality more fantasy.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57143 2 years, 11 months ago
never trust a prankster
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds