• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Hey FurtherFlower67...Interview on KDHX

#56994 2 years, 11 months ago
Maybe you can talk to your friend Drea to do an interview with some of the band members.

She has a great Dead show, on a member supported community radio station.

kdhx.org/play/radio-shows/the-other-one

We could have a forum poll for questions, etc.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Ossumpei.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Hey FurtherFlower67...

#57039 2 years, 11 months ago
Great idea Ossu! I will give her a call this weekend about it! Maybe we can even hope for a little on air performance! But we should definitely Gather questions form the forum! kDHX is streamed live all over the world and for free! It is just a gem of a station! No where else in town can you get your dead fix.

Jim Bruce who hosts The Grateful Dead Hour had Donna Jean's band in the studio back in 2008 when she strolled through town. He even had Jimmy Voss who use to cook for the Dead come down and make the band dinner. We can treat them right here in St.Louis!

I'll be seeing Jim today at the Keller Williams show. I'll give him a mention of it too!

I will keep you posted!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#57042 2 years, 11 months ago
Jim's awesome!!! I have met him a couple times at Starfire fest. I actually won tix off KDHX. Wish I could hit Keller tonight, but have my son. We are getting ready to go to the kids show this afternoon.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#57045 2 years, 11 months ago
Awesome! I'm taking my two nephews to the kids show. They are so excited!

But yes KDHX is always giving tickets away! I've won a few my self
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#57073 2 years, 11 months ago
Sweet.

The question is, do you air it the Tues before the concert, or the Tues after.

Jim's show is on the night before the concert.

Finding the band having time may be a little of a challenge too. Considering the travel schedule.

Maybe she can catch them Sunday afternoon before the show in StL. Air it when she can, mention the interview and concert on the shows leading up to the concert.

Asking the forum for questions would be fun I think. Where else can we find people with such a wide demographic and great interest and love for the band.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#57074 2 years, 11 months ago
Have fun at the shows you guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#57308 2 years, 11 months ago
These are our options....

1.) Drea, Jim, or even James can book an interview at the station the day of the show. It would have to be recorded and aired later after the concert. Earliest would be that Tuesday after the show. If they do that then there is a possibility of a in studio performance...

2.) Telephone interview. This could be happen before the tour even starts or if one of Furthur's off days on tour lines up with one of their shows on KDHX. It would air live but lack any kinda performance. Also another downside to that would we probably would only get to talk to one member two at the most.....(I'd love an interview with Jeff Chimenti. I would love to hear this thoughts!) But shooting for Bobby and/or Phil! But really we will take anyone! but a phone interview would still be amazing! We can still get the forum questions asked!

There is a person at the station who contacts artists managers/promoters and books all interviews and performances. Drea is going to talk to her about getting something. Hopefully something works out! And I know the three of them are going to promote the heck out of it! I do James concert calendar weekly. I can't wait to add it this week! And I have gave them all my copies of the Furthur shows I went to. And they all have copies of last years Furthur St.Louis show. kDHX is gonna be filled with Furthur tunes!

O and I just wanted to add. I love radio! If every city has a radio station like KDHX I think the world would be a better place! It's not like mainstream media that corupts people minds. I can't stand it! I went to college for radio broadcasting. Learned just exactly how media does what it does. And it's all about money and advertisement. Don't give in people....Please! Turn off that TV! Still love radio with a passion but refuse a job at a company who's mission I don't believe in! Besides being at a dead concert nothing makes me happier than playing tunes for people and opening their mind!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadontherivet
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#57312 2 years, 11 months ago
Emily, that's great!!!

kdhx.org/radio/881-kdhx-schedule-shows-and-playlists

KDHX is s true member supported radio station, not for profit, the real thing. They exist for the fans of different types of music, and their lineup of shows proves just that. It really is a shame that there aren't more stations like this. They have 2 Dead shows, which can be heard live, streamed from the site, and on the KDHX archives, for free. I am a member of course, but you don't need to be to listen in.

Deader than ever, kdhx.org/play/radio-shows/deader-than-ever Tuesday noon-2

The Other One, kdhx.org/play/radio-shows/the-other-one Saturday night at 11-1 am

How this plays out will be seen. So far it sounds pretty good. The fact that they have a person to book interviews, and have a few options on how to proceed, helps too. I bet if the show here last year was promoted better it would have come much closer to selling out.

The most important part is that we got the ball rolling in time to get things figured out, and end up with a great interview.

Its all just part of the fun.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Ossumpei.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#57314 2 years, 11 months ago
Plus, it would be nice to welcome the band that way.

Show them we have a loving community here, and all that.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#57326 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for posting the links! I think Furthur would totally be interested in KDHX. It has a purpose unlike the other FM stations. It doesn't have a script and can go in any direction. They want to provide the community and the music communities of all kind good, knowledgeable, creditable information!

Thanks for posting the links! And so glad your a member. It's hard not to become one after listening to them! I also volunteer down there as much as possible. Ossu, you should think about answering the phones during their pledged drives. Dead hour and Other One are always so fun! And you get to meet a lot of awesome people too! I just love the energy and vibe from the station on Magnolia Ave!

So glad you came up with this idea!!!
Time to create page: 2.12 seconds