• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

Totally bummed

#56763 2 years, 11 months ago
last November I went to MSG,

This november I would love to go, it would mean so much to me, but I'm gonna be out of a job and don't no if I should be putting out the money to make it to the show, what do you think, is anyone else in a similar situation???
DL1943
Junior Boarder

Re: Totally bummed

#56822 2 years, 11 months ago
im a dirty hippie that lives in his van in the woods and am sending all my money to make a big deal of the monterey shows.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#56831 2 years, 11 months ago
Shakeit wrote:
last November I went to MSG,

This november I would love to go, it would mean so much to me, but I'm gonna be out of a job and don't no if I should be putting out the money to make it to the show, what do you think, is anyone else in a similar situation???

You don't say how many you must buy for, but IMO, especially if it's only a single, I say you should go. You here a short time in a short life and this band also won't be around forever. Since going to MSG this year would 'mean so much...' to you - go while you still can even though current life is a struggle to make ends meet. Hope things get better for you soon.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by StuartSlate. Reason: fixing incorrect quote
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#56832 2 years, 11 months ago
I never regretted going to a show. But I've regretted not going to a few.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, funky420, SunshineSue
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#56844 2 years, 11 months ago
Uhh.. go to the show man
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#56846 2 years, 11 months ago
To paraphrase a famous old proverb from the 60s:

Shows will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no shows!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, funky420
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#56856 2 years, 11 months ago
Go. Between now and then do little things that save money and that will more than make up for it. You only live once (no offense Hindus).
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#56863 2 years, 11 months ago
I too am bummed
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#56890 2 years, 11 months ago
Go and don't look back.

I've never been to MSG and I saw the grateful dead 50 times and never saw them there. I was totally bummed I didn't go last year to see Furthur. Im low on funds as well and I will be making this trek bymyself. Im going to john paul jones show with a few friends but they are not coming with me to nyc. Like said uptop you never regret going just not going
GOOD LOVE
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#56926 2 years, 11 months ago
If it's only one show then do it. I'm a broke ass right now. My mother n law had to buy my montery show. But I don't travel to these shows cause I can't find a job. So I can only go to the bay area shows. I'm grateful though I get to go to any. Were lucky were even dead heads and get to listen at home. I don't know what else I would have used to ease my soul. One show, do it.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds