• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
tree_top
Fresh Boarder

pre-sale versus public

#56730 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm confused... please help me understand the ticketing process these days...

my assumption on pre-sale tickets would be that the allotment of pre-sale tickets, be killer seats, up front, for the REAL fans of the band...the ones that pay attention to tour dates and such...

then public goes up and the rest are sold...

Evidently, that is not how it works...the shows I've seen recently that had reserved seating, I've been spot on with the pre-sale, got my tickets...then to find that people I know that got tickets when they go on sale to the public, got better seats than me...

So, my question, general consensus, floor tickets up front being the goal, is there a better chance of getting them pre-sale or public sale?

thanks everybody
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

Re: pre-sale versus public

#56733 2 years, 7 months ago
Check Frontgate Monday and see what you get. I used them for Broomfield, ST. Louis, last year and got great seats. I am only using presage for the hard dates this time around.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Chester
More or less in line

#56735 2 years, 7 months ago
tree_top wrote:
I'm confused... please help me understand the ticketing process these days...

my assumption on pre-sale tickets would be that the allotment of pre-sale tickets, be killer seats, up front, for the REAL fans of the band...the ones that pay attention to tour dates and such...

then public goes up and the rest are sold...

Evidently, that is not how it works...the shows I've seen recently that had reserved seating, I've been spot on with the pre-sale, got my tickets...then to find that people I know that got tickets when they go on sale to the public, got better seats than me...

So, my question, general consensus, floor tickets up front being the goal, is there a better chance of getting them pre-sale or public sale?

thanks everybody

This is what I've been saying. That's my experience too. Pre-sale is a marketing tool, used to ratchet up demand, by making
you think your getting in first. Not only do you not get better tickets through pre-sale, but the best tickets wont even be
released until later. I would make an effort to get tickets for small/weekend/hard to get shows, and wait til later to see what
pops up for the rest.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chester
More or less in line

#56737 2 years, 7 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
Check Frontgate Monday and see what you get. I used them for Broomfield, ST. Louis, last year and got great seats. I am only using presage for the hard dates this time around.

I think there was a change in the ticket agency just today. Doesn't look like Frontgate is doing any of this leg. Seems to be
all Ticketmaster, and Tickets.com.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#56762 2 years, 7 months ago
incorrect Chester.Check Frontgate's page and you will see they list the whole tour and state that presale starts Monday at noon.
Chester
More or less in line

#56775 2 years, 7 months ago
kfender wrote:
incorrect Chester.Check Frontgate's page and you will see they list the whole tour and state that presale starts Monday at noon.

That's the confusing part. Earlier they were Frontgate. Then it changed. I just checked again. Searched for Furthur
in my area, no results. And the Furthur front page tour info links to Ticketmaster, or Tickets.com
kfender
Gold Boarder

#56816 2 years, 7 months ago
I clicked on show all dates from the home page.then down to the Syracuse show and clicked on internet presale.It brought me to frontgate where it was all listed
furthur.frontgatetickets.com/
Chester
More or less in line

#56819 2 years, 7 months ago
kfender wrote:
I clicked on show all dates from the home page.then down to the Syracuse show and clicked on internet presale.It brought me to frontgate where it was all listed
furthur.frontgatetickets.com/

Oh. Frontgate does pre-sale. Ticketmaster does regular on-sale. Wonder why they split it up?
tree_top
Fresh Boarder

#57594 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the replies everybody...I'm thinking I'm going to wait for public this go around......with this crazy schedule they have this go around, I'm only going to be able to do Cville...I have used the pre-sale for all the shows I've seen thus far...and while I didn't have "bad" seats...as quick as I was able to get on the site at 12:00;10 or something, I would have thought I should have got front row or 3rd or something...each time, it's been around 17 or 18 rows back...and that is only getting two...maybe the thing is just get one...see how that plays out...

I'd be interested to hear back from people on what they got and whether they were pre or public sale...

thanks
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds