• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

Re: The beauty of Red Rocks

#58370 2 years, 10 months ago
Even the ride into Rocky Mtn Natl Park is a mindblower..you stand a good chance to see elk there, when they're there they are all over the place, huge #s...got nothing for ya on the hike.

Visited Red Rocks during a cross country drive on a weekday and we brought a couple of acoustic guitars in and jammed on the stage for kicks, just quietly picking..the people at the top in the last row said they could hear us perfectly...we had no idea they were there until we heard this applause out of nowhere after a few > tunes
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by sjfgreenman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gr8fullBear
perry
Senior Boarder

#58383 2 years, 10 months ago
Gr8fullBear wrote:
WIfe and I are making all 3 shows. Its out first time to red rocks and Colorado. Stoked is an understatement! Can anybody recomend some day hikes close to Boulder/Golden for days of the shows? We are planning to go up into Rocky Mtn Nat. Park on Monday. Thanks!

I live south of RR, so I don't hit the north hikes much, but White Ranch in Golden, check the Jefferson County Open Space parks. www.co.jefferson.co.us/openspace/openspace_T56_R57.htm...golden gate state park Furthur north, and of course Chataqua and the flatirons, though those are pretty busy. Do the RR Trading Post hike too, 1 1/2 miles and beautiful.

Definitely Elk in Estes/rocky mtn! Lots of easy to long hikes there and magnificent views all around.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by perry.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#58388 2 years, 10 months ago
sounds more like the "beauty" of a 3 night stand or any type of multi-night run...

there is a sheer physical beauty to the venue there...stunning...unlike anything i could have imagined...last fall was my first time there...just completely blown away...it is amazing not only to see but to be there during a show and looking around at it, fascinating...there are very few comparable venues in this country...i also found the sound there to be exquisite, from several different vantage points...the only place it wasn't as great was toward the top, but i didn't have any serious issues up there, still sounded great..i suppose weather could be a factor on that one
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#58390 2 years, 10 months ago
Really frustrated I can't make it this year. I'm hoping they still keep touring for a while, and play there again.
It's on my bucket list.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#58569 2 years, 10 months ago
Gr8fullBear wrote:
WIfe and I are making all 3 shows. Its out first time to red rocks and Colorado. Stoked is an understatement! Can anybody recomend some day hikes close to Boulder/Golden for days of the shows? We are planning to go up into Rocky Mtn Nat. Park on Monday. Thanks!

If you do go to RMNP....remember it will be late September, + at a minimum of 7,500 feet. There will probably be snow. Bring your goretex for that, + shorts for the RR shows. Have fun, + be safe. It was 43 for the high, and 32 for the low there yesterday.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#58588 2 years, 10 months ago
T-15 and counting till lift off!!!!!!!!
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#58603 2 years, 10 months ago
Captain Buzzkill says that is 16 days + counting. Such a pity how I cried.
njt1rider
Junior Boarder

#58613 2 years, 10 months ago
Who remembers the harvest moon rising over Denver last year on the Sunday show during the second set. My mind was almost completely melted to the floor but that was one beautiful sight to behold.
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#58627 2 years, 10 months ago
We are beyond stoked, too! I haven't been to Red Rocks since the late 80's & they are still some of my favorite shows! Coming out with 4 guys who have never been to RRs & I know their minds are going to be Blown away!!
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds