• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Tour manager must be on crack!

#57119 2 years, 7 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
newyawker- well they closed one of my favorite places - clark's ale house is no longer! so maybe the blue tusk or there is a cool bar on state street (name not comming to me right now) and if it is not snowing- there will be a shakedown! will have to see when it gets a bit closer.
DON'T TELL ME THIS TOWN AIN'T GOT NO HEART....JUST GOTTA POKE AROUND!

There is a bar called "The Ale and Angus pub". Right next door. Never been there, and thusly know nothing about it.
Empire Brewing co., and The Blue Tusk, are about 5 blocks away.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#57121 2 years, 7 months ago
yeah ale and angus is not the one i am thinking of- love blue tusk but it gets so freakin packed! pj dorseys is over there too- no shortage of bars in syr. also love Middle ages Brewery - would have to see what kind of hours they will have.
Country Fresh
Junior Boarder

#57122 2 years, 7 months ago
doing first ten shows with Philly as a base.out and back for all but NH and ME which I will stay over for.did the same for summer tour.skipped all good then out and back for first three,combined MA and CT out and back for next three and combined NC,SC,FL and GA.gotta work to pay for my habit.will be posting ride shares when dates get closer.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57148 2 years, 7 months ago
Chester wrote:
Pre-show in Buffalo will be at Pearl St Brewery. pearlstreetgrill.com/home

what have you heard about this? my band "workingman's dead" is trying to get a slot to play there before the show, i am trying to work on playing an after party as well, glad to see them back in my hometown except this time an arena 4 times as large as the theater they last played here
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
arjanstar
Junior Boarder

#57164 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Chester wrote:

what have you heard about this? my band "workingman's dead" is trying to get a slot to play there before the show, i am trying to work on playing an after party as well, glad to see them back in my hometown except this time an arena 4 times as large as the theater they last played here

We were talking about a pre show party there on .org. That would be awesome if Workingman's Dead played!
Feel good music in your soul. Make your body want to Rock and Roll!
Chester
More or less in line

#57166 2 years, 7 months ago
arjanstar wrote:
wlewis wrote:
Chester wrote:

We were talking about a pre show party there on .org. That would be awesome if Workingman's Dead played!

Very cool indeed! : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57279 2 years, 7 months ago
sweet, i will get on top of that this week before i leave for west coast, would be an absolute blast if we could set that up

i played there with an old band i was in here, "sudden urge", many areas for bands to play but the first level with the stage is nice in the front windows...KILLER micro brews on tap there...would make a wonderful pre party
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#57285 2 years, 7 months ago
wngfan wrote:
Do you realize that on the West Coast Fall tour, it is over 12 hour drive from Eugene to Missoula, then over 8 hours to Salt Lake City, and then over 8 hours to Red Rocks? you east coasters don't have it as bad as you think.
While that may be true, at least they're staying put for few days in Eugene, Red Rocks, and 2 days in LA and Monterrey. There's not one city on this tour with more than one night. I have to agree that the Tour Manager fucked up. Plus, what's up with playing Maine, Chicago, etc. in November when it's cold? Just like Summer Tour when the band was playing Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina and kids were passing out from the heat. Makes no sense.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#57286 2 years, 7 months ago
I can't speak for Maine but being a Chicago native I can guarantee that it will be somewhere between -20 and 80 degrees the day of the show.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57291 2 years, 7 months ago
well the shows are indoors ..... are they not suposed to tour during the winter for some reason?

last November had some cold nights for shows, and the tour in feb/march 2010 especially did. the Grateful Dead played plenty of shows in the hot and the cold (well maybe not outside in the cold but it wont be like that this tour either). the middle of November is just the begining of winter, its kinda silly to assume there going to plan all their tours out during perfect weather thats not to hot or cold.
Time to create page: 4.54 seconds