newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Tour manager must be on crack!

#57057 2 years, 11 months ago
funky420 wrote:
newyawker wrote:
funky420 wrote:
East coast got 3/4 of the tours this year and now your bitching about a little drive? Suck it up! Like queenie said, back in the day deer creek>st louis then back to chicago, and we did it lovingly and happily. Granted (newyawker) we did have a day for travel. But that's why you travel with friends and share the driving.

Funk: I think perhaps we may be talking past each other. I am not bitching, just asking a question!! My question is based on the historical fact that when I toured there was alway a travel day. Just wondering why there is not this leg. I am fine doing what i can. I am just not slingshotting across the NE. Besides the fact my night vision sucks big time!!!

Sorry dude I didn't mean to come off as an ahole. Like I said maybe you can get some friends to travel withand share the driving.

No worries marc. This is an example of internet blindness. Calrification is needed more than we sometimes do compared to being face to face.

As an aside, I bet they have 2 road crews.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#57060 2 years, 11 months ago
Guess I should clarify too. "east coast old tours" pretty much went in a straigh line north to south or vice versa. The one I am really referring too is MsG>Syracuse>AC>Buffalo East-west-east -west. AC>MSG>Sryacuse>Buffalo makes a lot more sense. I am going to go out on a limb that some of the larger venues are not going to be nearly full. Looks like only WB here this go round (after 3 red rocks). Patch our bones and look forward to another 5 night tower run in the spring (fingers crossed)
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#57064 2 years, 11 months ago
We really have nothing to complain about. With most likely 2 more shows in December that will make 74 shows for the year. Hopefully Phil will want to continue to do more show per year than his age.
Chester
More or less in line

#57094 2 years, 11 months ago
I found this info, and thought it might be helpful. Definitely not an easy tour.

Distance and Time betweens show venues acquired from Google Maps

Date---Venue---City---State---Miles2 Next Show---Driving Time (hrs:mins)
11/3/2011 Verizon Wireless Arena Manchester NH 97 1:45
11/4/2011 Cumberland County Civic Center Portland ME 409 6:58
11/5/2011 Mohegan Sun Arena Wilkes-Barre PA 263 4:52
11/6/2011 Mullins Center Amerst MA 515 9:58
11/8/2011 John Paul Jones Arena Charlottesville VA 342 6:43
11/10/2011 Madison Square Garden New York NY 248 4:23
11/11/2011 OnCenter Syracuse NY 315 5:23
11/12/2011 Boardwalk Hall Atlantic City NJ 436 7:28
11/13/2001 First Niagara Center Buffalo NY 212 4:08
11/15/2011 Bryce Jordan Center State College PA 353 5:38
11/16/2011 Jerome Schottenstein Center Columbus OH 374 6:24
11/18/2011 Allstate Arena Rosemont IL 130 2:24
11/19/2011 Alliant Energy Center Madison WI 359 6:18
11/20/2011 Fox Theatre St Louis MO 246 4:23
11/21/2011 Murat Theatre Indianapolis IN

Total Miles:4299
Avg Miles Between Shows:307

Total Driving Time:76 hours 45 minutes
Avg Drive Time Between Shows: 5 hours 28 minutes
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#57108 2 years, 11 months ago
i took a nap and look at all the posts i missed. lol got up early for mail order so just having some sweet afternoon dreams!
only two shows for us- buf and syr - but the syr show is on 11-11-11 and it is veterans day - so i am calling the eleven and us blues!! should be great...so for us it's a week in vegas and then two further shows and two dso shows- hard to not be excited!yeah!!!!
thanks Lord ~ life is GOOD!
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#57109 2 years, 11 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
i took a nap and look at all the posts i missed. lol got up early for mail order so just having some sweet afternoon dreams!
only two shows for us- buf and syr - but the syr show is on 11-11-11 and it is veterans day - so i am calling the eleven and us blues!! should be great...so for us it's a week in vegas and then two further shows and two dso shows- hard to not be excited!yeah!!!!
thanks Lord ~ life is GOOD!

Queenie, any preshow party anywhere? Dewittshire or any other bar downtown in syracuse?
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Chester
More or less in line

#57110 2 years, 11 months ago
Pre-show in Buffalo will be at Pearl St Brewery. pearlstreetgrill.com/home
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#57111 2 years, 11 months ago
you wont see me complaining...I live in Southern New Hampshire so The Amherst, Ma show and Manchester, NH are less than an hour and half from me with only three days between to wait for the next show!! I could also Truck on up to Portland if i really have the cash. Just keep this train rollin!! The only logistical problem is from the heads that try to get to EVERY show, but that's a only a small number of us. No fair complaining, just feel lucky these guys still tour in this fashion, simply amazing.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#57115 2 years, 11 months ago
newyawker- well they closed one of my favorite places - clark's ale house is no longer! so maybe the blue tusk or there is a cool bar on state street (name not comming to me right now) and if it is not snowing- there will be a shakedown! will have to see when it gets a bit closer.
DON'T TELL ME THIS TOWN AIN'T GOT NO HEART....JUST GOTTA POKE AROUND!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#57116 2 years, 11 months ago
i think bob and phil arent really concerned with making a tour that is easy to follow and see every show. they seem to be doin short runs of shows in areas then hoppin somewhere else, with very few diehards doin the whole tour. i think they are trying to make it more about the music and less about the whole lot scene. i love haning out in the lot b-4 the show, and after, and i like to buy food, art, beer, etc in the lots, but i dont htink the boys want the scene to explode into something that they cant control and might get them banned from venues/citys, like back in 94-95. not that they are selling anywhre near that many tickets. i totally dig they tour layouts, out here on the west coast, what im doin is, see i live in nor cal, so im goin up to eugene(3 shows) then doin hardlystrictly in the park, then catching LA and Monterey(4 shows total) so i see 7 furthur shows on my west coast tour, plus a free 3 day concert in golden gate park thrown inthe middle to help avoid the temptation to go to the missula or utah or colarodo shows. they will probably be epic shows, but its kewl seeing the first shows of tour, then seeing them at monterey to end the west coast tour. THANK YOU BOB AND PHIL
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds