• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: tour is up

#56659 2 years, 7 months ago
Chester wrote:
Pre-sale doesn not mean better seats. I've always done better with day of. Or mail order for that matter.

I was assuming that the presale would have better seats than Ticketmaster. So is that not a safe assumption? I hate to give ticketmaster business, but if they're going to be more reliable with equally good seats, it's hard not to go the safe route. What's been anyone's experience??
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
Chester
More or less in line

#56666 2 years, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Chester wrote:
Pre-sale doesn not mean better seats. I've always done better with day of. Or mail order for that matter.

I was assuming that the presale would have better seats than Ticketmaster. So is that not a safe assumption? I hate to give ticketmaster business, but if they're going to be more reliable with equally good seats, it's hard not to go the safe route. What's been anyone's experience??

In my experience, it seems like "pre-sale" is just a marketing tool, to rachet up demand for seats. I would only get hard to get
tickets up front. The rest I'll see what pop's up down the road. I've gotten really good seats, day of.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#56670 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm so psyched I can't believe it.

Its the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I will be on vacation anyway, all week.

I can get the Friday off for Chicago too.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Ossumpei.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#56675 2 years, 7 months ago
Hey Sue, I am sure Chester has more experience with this than I do, but I just want to say that I had a good result with Front Gate pre-sale for St. Augustine in summer. I got a center seat third row (where the permanent hard seats began). Of course, I always only purchase a single. Maybe that makes for a better result.

Congrats to Pennsyltucky getting Wilkes-Barre AND State College!! It looks to me as if Futhur is at least trying to spread it around. Lewis, I hear ya about venue size. However, I see it as a needed move in order to make room for more folks that want to attend, but might not be able to get in if they played the cozier, smaller joints. (I am sure you realize this as well)

Good for all of y'all getting shows. Meanwhile, I feel happy and fortunate that Furthur got to Florida TWICE in 2011!

Peace
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#56677 2 years, 7 months ago
fuck yea I'm doing at least 10 shows this tour - maybe the whole thing!!

I didn't read the thread yet, just got home and saw the tour ..... I imagine they mean Mohegan Sun Arena in CT ..... since I don't think there is one in PA.....
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#56681 2 years, 7 months ago
damn, midwest people must be pissed with 3/4 of the tour on the east coast
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#56684 2 years, 7 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:

I didn't read the thread yet, just got home and saw the tour ..... I imagine they mean Mohegan Sun Arena in CT ..... since I don't think there is one in PA.....

Yes there is one at the Poconos.

The logistics of this tour is liek a tennis match!!!!! I am hoping to catch 4 or 5. I was even surprised no travel date in between most which could possibly allow adding another show at a venue.

Anyway, Thank you guys for another great tour with great music
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#56685 2 years, 7 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
damn, midwest people must be pissed with 3/4 of the tour on the east coast

Not pissed, happy we are getting anything. I heard some of easties complaining, Philly etc. I guess that's what happens when you get spoiled. lol
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: derek92, SunshineSue
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#56686 2 years, 7 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:

There apparently is one in PA too www.wachoviaarena.com/

Funny, otherwise could gamble in atlantic city and mohegan sun. The fall gambling tour....Wonder if they play loser in AC?

Happy B-Day!
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Chester
More or less in line

#56689 2 years, 7 months ago
Chester wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
I haven't used frontgate before. What do I need to know, please?

They're ok. Like a small version of Ticket Master. They will charge a ton of fee's, but fairly reliable. They are sometimes late
with tickets though.
[/quote]

Ok, looks like it'll be Ticketmaster doing pre-sale.
"Mail Order: Saturday, Sept 10 through October 7, GDTS To to accept post-marks for mail order.
Internet Pre-Sales: September 12 at Noon EST through Thursday, September 15 at 6pm EST
Public On Sale: 9/16/11 @ 11:00AM EST @ Ticketmaster"
www.ticketmaster.com/search?q=Furthur
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds