• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dbforej
Fresh Boarder

children at shows

#56029 2 years, 7 months ago
hello, i'm new to the forum and hope i'm not reposting this but are children allowed at Further shows?

we have tickets for Saturday, Oct ! at Red Rocks and can't really find any info... we are planning to bring our little girl for her first show, but don't want to be surprised when we get there...

Thanks in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
DL1943
Junior Boarder

Re: children at shows

#56045 2 years, 7 months ago
of course! my first, and a large amount of subsequent furthur shows have been with my buddy's daughters. lots of fun!
dbforej
Fresh Boarder

#56046 2 years, 7 months ago
thanks... we're pretty stoked. my wife grew up on the east coast and saw The Grateful Dead while Jerry was still around... and then we saw The Dead at Rothbury 2009...

this will be my first time to Red Rocks after living in CO for 6 years... and our first Further show, and it will be as a family!!!
alwaysgrateful
Fresh Boarder

#56056 2 years, 7 months ago
I have been bringing my children since they were babies & now they are 22, 13 &15. There is always lots going on & they love the bubbles & balloons, all the friendly heads, joining in hacky sack games, playing with other children & dancing with the crowd! I prefer the outdoor shows for kids, not quite as much smoke & loud noise. Have fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, dbforej
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#56059 2 years, 7 months ago
I cant wait to bring my daughter to her first show. I was going to wait til about 2 or 3
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#56060 2 years, 7 months ago
At what age do you have to buy them a ticket?
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#56068 2 years, 7 months ago
23atwell wrote:
At what age do you have to buy them a ticket?

Depends on the venue...We brought our 8 year old and payed for a ticket
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#56210 2 years, 7 months ago
There have been extensive threads on this forun regarding children at shows, making your children vend stuff on lot for you at shows, children doing nitrous, drinking beer and smoking cigs and or pot at shows,parents toking around their children at shows , there are many opinions on this issue and others it might help to look up the forum archives
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#56219 2 years, 7 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
There have been extensive threads on this forun regarding children at shows, making your children vend stuff on lot for you at shows, children doing nitrous, drinking beer and smoking cigs and or pot at shows,parents toking around their children at shows , there are many opinions on this issue and others it might help to look up the forum archives

I've read those kind of threads on many different boards. In my opinion poor parenting can take place anywhere in the world. Most of the people who complain about kids are selfish individuals who don't want their "buzz" ruined. This scene is a family, and my kids are part of mine. I love taking them to shows and seeing all the love and great vibes out there. I love seeing other parents with their kids. A child smiling is on par with a scarlet-fire to me.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perry
dbforej
Fresh Boarder

#56279 2 years, 7 months ago
i did actually search the archives for posts in regard and found a few hundred comments that used the term 'kid' for adults, and the word 'children' as a group salutation...

as for the parents who aren't able to care for their kids properly, that's life... we all have the ability to speak up and say something, or to mumble under our breath and shake our head as we walk away.

at Red Rocks, the ticketing age is two years old, i believe.

and to those who were enthusiastic and kind in their response, thanks, One Love, yo...
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds