• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

The Dead and the Beach Boys

#55864 2 years, 11 months ago
The Grateful Dead played Riot in cell-block #9 once - with the Beach Boys at the Filmore in 1971.

They played the song on the GD channel a couple of nights ago. I was driving, the tune was blasting, and then the song scared the crap out of me. If you listen to this version you'll see why. Reminds me of the old AAMCO commercials.

Here's a link to a "different" type of show. Riot in cellblock #9 is song 8.

www.wolfgangsvault.com/grateful-dead/con...l-27-1971-set-2.html

Funny to hear the beach boys talk about "being all stoned and drunk it was great" (during good vibrations).

~Goin where the climate suits my clothes
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
DL1943
Junior Boarder

Re: The Dead and the Beach Boys

#55903 2 years, 11 months ago
i would love to find a download or premade disc of these recordings, preferably with a complete help me rhonda. if anyone can help a brother out let me know, i will pm you contact info. happy to burn or email anything from either me GD or BB collections. ive got most all of the SMiLE studio outtakes and material.
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#55923 2 years, 11 months ago
Okie from Muskogee is my favorite joint song from this show, also the only time played.

"We don't take our trips on LSD..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#55924 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks so much for sharing. sugar magnolia is just splendid. very short and tight...dire wolf, help me Rhonda..bird song...sweet. Billy is sounding so great on this show, esp. lovelight..so jazzy..awesome. Two california bands ...and on the east coast...so cool. You can hear how much fun they are having.
Today i found a bird in the lot of my job, prob hit a window at the hotel, he dies like 1 minute after fluttering his/her wings . Crazy, one more minute later and i never would of seen this. Thought if he was flapping his wings maybe her feet were injured, but not dead. It was crazy..what timing. and bird song has helped me remeber to get by so much lately. good to hear it now. but that cell block and all beach boy songs are so cool. thnX
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#55930 2 years, 11 months ago
I was driving down the highway and it sounds exactly like a cop was pulling me over. Every time they played those darn sirens in the song.

Remind me of this funny clip from Curb Your Enthusiasm (a very funny show imo)

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#55931 2 years, 11 months ago
DL1943 wrote:
i would love to find a download or premade disc of these recordings, preferably with a complete help me rhonda. if anyone can help a brother out let me know, i will pm you contact info. happy to burn or email anything from either me GD or BB collections. ive got most all of the SMiLE studio outtakes and material.

The dead released this show as a cd so you can't get it off archives. I bet some of the other users here can help you find this unique show.

Time to create page: 0.38 seconds