• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

Re: Trippin at a show.

#56216 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan,

I think it was Best Buy, but one venue had cops in the men's room. Somebody asking for drugs could be undercover...or is that entrapment?

Trippin' at a show...hmmmm...keeping in mind and respecting set and setting...definately.

I respect those who choose not to (I respect the Warfrats as well). There are plenty of ways to be high and happy.

Has anyone mentioned Contact High?

I think Furthur puts something in the air at shows....

I find the west coast, and Bay Area especially, to be more psychedelic, both the music and the audience. I expect Eugene, Red Rocks, and Monterey to be the best shows for trippin', but you never know.

Historically, the connection between LSD (and other psychedelics) and the Grateful Dead is significant, both in the creation of music & lyrics, and in audience participation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#56238 3 years, 1 month ago
"I find the west coast, and Bay Area especially, to be more psychedelic, both the music and the audience. I expect Eugene, Red Rocks, and Monterey to be the best shows for trippin', but you never know."

brickwall.gif
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#56244 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan,

For me, 3 or 4 grams of shrooms is quite a large dose. 2 grams is enough for me, and I have a lot of experience with these. I guess the potency can vary quite a bit.

I actually prefer shrooms when I go backpacking or being out in nature. For shows I prefer acid...it's like shrooms are a more interior trip and I don't feel as present at the show...more in my own head...a little detached.

But I switch them up too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#56247 3 years, 1 month ago
guitargeorge wrote:
MushroomMan,

I think it was Best Buy, but one venue had cops in the men's room. Somebody asking for drugs could be undercover...or is that entrapment?

Trippin' at a show...hmmmm...keeping in mind and respecting set and setting...definately.

I respect those who choose not to (I respect the Warfrats as well). There are plenty of ways to be high and happy.

Has anyone mentioned Contact High?

I think Furthur puts something in the air at shows....

I find the west coast, and Bay Area especially, to be more psychedelic, both the music and the audience. I expect Eugene, Red Rocks, and Monterey to be the best shows for trippin', but you never know.

Historically, the connection between LSD (and other psychedelics) and the Grateful Dead is significant, both in the creation of music & lyrics, and in audience participation.

1000% accurate and scary re: best buy. I popped into a stall and took off my shoe for a second, and when I turned around there was someone looking in the crack where the stall door was. When I left I watched him walk down the bathroom and actually look over some of the stalls to see what they were doing inside. It looked like a best buy employee to me but it may have been a cop.

And there was at least one uniformed cop in the venue during the show.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#56249 3 years, 1 month ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:
call me crazy but I have the absolute best and most fun at a show when im sober and just smoking dank.

Pshhh not crazy in the least. I only smoked for shoreline n had the most amazing time ever. =-D not sayin anything against tripping of course, lol. For me at least, i wont argue wit having some brownies n caramel in my vanilla icecream. lol that totally sounded weird. What i mean is, they are fantastic enough alone but a lil added toppings dont hurt hahahahhahah =-P
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#56253 3 years, 1 month ago
guitargeorge wrote:
MushroomMan,

For me, 3 or 4 grams of shrooms is quite a large dose. 2 grams is enough for me, and I have a lot of experience with these. I guess the potency can vary quite a bit.

I actually prefer shrooms when I go backpacking or being out in nature. For shows I prefer acid...it's like shrooms are a more interior trip and I don't feel as present at the show...more in my own head...a little detached.

But I switch them up too.

I don't think it's so much the potency as it is how much different mushrooms could be, not only from 1 person to another but from trip to trip with the same person, at least that's what I've noticed. I actually did 2 grams over the weekend and was feeling them pretty nice and I know people who will trip pretty hard off 2 grams and then others that might not even feel as much off an eighth. Sometimes people could want to trip so hard and be expecting to and that will actually take away from the whole experience..... I think I'm going off topic a little but some will be better quality obviously but that usually dosn't varry that much, enless your comparing nasty old ones to fresh ones.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#56316 3 years, 1 month ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
Iono if this is kinda off topic. A lil i guess, lol, but as we all know psychedelics are a part of the furthur world, but has anybody ever seen like a dude smokin crack or sumtin in/at a show??? That shit would blow my mind, n not in a good way. Was jus wonderin lol.

Totally have. I've seen almost everything at a show and more than once
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#56324 3 years, 1 month ago
i have seen ALOT of GD and ratdog/dead/furthur etc. and i used to almost always dose with L or X or shrooms, but now i usually only take something like less than half the time, i hate not remembering the show afterwards. and at ratdog and furthur shows, i feel like im trippin even if im not. i think it has to do with being around alot of tripping people, and the band being good at what they do.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#56392 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
it is hit or miss...you are either making the music completely in sync with the band or you are off, and it's usually whatever is going on upstairs

if youv'e got some other shit on your mind, it ain't happening

i've probably dosed or eaten fungus or sass at 75% of the 200+ shows i've been to, lately not so much none at all during the summer tour...surrounding circumstances need to be aligned for the time to be right nowadays

So true...............
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#56466 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I was going into the bathroom at Best Buy this year and a group of a few people sitting at a table stopped me and said "hey, do you know where I can get some crystal meth?" and they sounded and looked pretty serious. I just kind of looked at them weird and was about to walk away and they said "just kidding!! .... you should see the looks on peoples faces when we ask them that" then someone else in the group said "I don't even think theres anybody here that has crystal meth" ..... so I'm pretty sure they were just messing around. I was being asked for doses and molly the whole run but I really wasn't expecting that crystal meth question....

The first person I ran into at the lot at Shoreline asked me if I wanted some Oxycontons! Really who the fuck wants to just nod off on the grass for a whole show? What about the home made nitrous muffins? I remember when they were laying down a drum solo at Shoreline in 09 and the smell of deemsters just permeated the air, I'm not too into blasting off at shows but if there were ever a time...
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds