• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Rabbit®
Junior Boarder
Merry Crankster® of the DNC

Re: Anyone here train their cat to use the toilet?

#5846 3 years ago
Good luck!
brightday
Junior Boarder

#5918 3 years ago
Not trained, but a long time ago, we had a cat who figured it out for himself.

Scared the heck out of me one night when I heard someone peeing in the toilet ... everyone else in the house was upstairs sleeping & I could see the bathroom door from where I was sitting ~ but I hadn't seen anyone go in the bathroom,... ~ I don't know what I expected when I reached in & turned on the bathroom light... not that I was about to see our sweet little cat up on the toilet seat. He was better at getting it in the toilet than some of the humans who were living there, it seemed. Good manners all around, that cat.

I don't think I'd have the patience to teach a cat to use the bathroom! Only had the one who did it, he must have gotten the idea from watching what people do in the bathroom~~ he was a cool Kat.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#5919 3 years ago
I'e had cats all my life. Never been able to train them to do a single thing. They, on the other hand, have always seemed to have me exactly where they want me.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
DrNutzo
Junior Boarder

#5992 3 years ago
@brightday, that's hilarious! tfs.

@Equinox, I've managed to do some minor training over the years, but mostly, like you, I'm a well trained owner myself.

Still haven't taken the plunge into this yet, as other life priorities are requiring my attention first. I will definitely share my experience with you all when I do.
All good things, in all good time.
Time to create page: 1.35 seconds