• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bare.feet.blue.eyes
Junior Boarder

red rocks camping suggestions

#55519 3 years, 1 month ago
my fiance and i are headed out to red rocks from Ohio and have never been before. we have tix for saturday and sunday. just wondered where some of the better (tent) camping spots are . i also noticed that a lot of the campgrounds don't take reservations after october 1st, so its first come, first served.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

Re: red rocks camping suggestions

#55524 3 years, 1 month ago
My first time going as well, but the wife and I are shooting for Indian Paintbrush, chatfield state park. Do you guys go to Gratefulfest? I am originally from Cleveland and go back every year. It is favorite weekend of the year.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
bare.feet.blue.eyes
Junior Boarder

#55561 3 years, 1 month ago
deadontherivet wrote:
My first time going as well, but the wife and I are shooting for Indian Paintbrush, chatfield state park. Do you guys go to Gratefulfest?

ya. we used to go up to the Ledges a lot, including Gratefulfest, but i didn't make it up there much this year.

i was looking into golden gate canyon state park. my uncle lives in denver and said it was pretty close to the venue and still not too far from the metro area..i will have to look into your suggestions. thx!
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#55610 3 years, 1 month ago
It will be early Oct, so higher elevations could easily see bad weather ... even snow. Could also be very nice weather too, somewhat schizophrenic time of year.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#55691 3 years, 1 month ago
Chief Hosa used to be the spot back in my day. They don't allow concert camping anymore. whatever that means...go undercover. Only 26 tent sites.

chiefhosa.org/

KOA's are low budget and you can get cabins. But usually a very utilitarian camping experience.

www.livestrong.com/article/175210-koa-rv...ear-golden-colorado/
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds