• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur in Portland, Maine

#57033 3 years, 1 month ago
well i am going to try my hardest to hit this one up now...would like to but friday is unfortunately still a work day in the work world but depending on what i'm doing at that time it may not even matter...as i mentioned earlier in this thread, i've never been to maine, and i've been dying to hit it up..i saw the winter2010 show at that verizon wireless center in NH, it was actually a really nice arena, looked new or renovated or something..sound was actually good i was way up in the rafters that night but it really did not matter. i can't say the same for many other venues. if possible would be cool to hit that up although it is a thursday..but an hr and a half drive to portland is just..well...plain nice, but a new england fall day i think i'd like to take a lengthier drive..i am going to do the wilkes-barre show there too...i saw the dead play there in 2009,the arena had a different name, i sold all my college textbooks to fund that trip....anyways, hope i can swing portland
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#57117 3 years, 1 month ago
Nateva in Oxford last year really put Maine on the map for me, killer festival with just a wonderful July 4th show from Furthur. Peak experience for me and my fiance, hopefully Nateva will be back on 2012.
Pineapple Jones
Fresh Boarder

#75699 3 years ago
Missed nateva last year, but camp creek was great this year. Max really killed it and is playing Saturday 11/5 in Portland.

I can't wait for this portland show. Got my tickets at the civic center last week. If you are anywhere near portland or buying more than 2 tickets, fuck ticketmaster, drive to the civic center and buy them with no service fee.

on 4 tickets we saved almost $40. Thats just horrible. I probably spent $15 or even 20 in gas to get there and back, but totally worth it.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#75702 3 years ago
I'm not going to Portland (have some lobster for me, guys!), but I had to say welcome to Pineapple Jones, and that I think your avatar is great!!. Love that episode!!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#75707 3 years ago
SunshineSue wrote:
wlewis wrote:
well, i have been looking for a reason to knock maine off my list of states i have not been to

Here's what you do when you go there: Grab a cup of coffee then head to the top of Cadillac Mountain (in Acadia NP) for the first sunrise in the US, then drive down the coast in any direction and have lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I haven't actually done that yet, tho I've been to Maine years ago, but it's on my bucket list! : )

I have done this frequently as I travel to the Cranberry Island area for geologic investigations that I have helped lead for UMASS petrology class. It's a beautiful place with lots of places to explore and the rock units there are stupendous!! The whole region is a cooled and tilted volcanic caldera complex, Cadillac Mountain is a massive portion of the granitic magma body that excited there...very neat stuff and a wonderful granite body to go and checkout!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Dire Wolf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#75711 3 years ago
otherone78 wrote:
Nateva in Oxford last year really put Maine on the map for me, killer festival with just a wonderful July 4th show from Furthur. Peak experience for me and my fiance, hopefully Nateva will be back on 2012.

Wow that is the first time I have heard that said about Nateva. I heard from a number of people that Nateva was the worst festival the Northeast had ever seen for a list of reasons. I skipped it to go to the stroudsbourg and gelston castle shows which was well worth it as two furthur shows is better than one the venues where incredible to see Furthur in and Nateva that year was a lame version of Allgood with way less bluegrass...no wonder they canceled it this year due to lack of interest.
Pineapple Jones
Fresh Boarder

#76209 3 years ago
Thanks for the welcome. That episode is one of my favorites.

Anyone know what the deal with the 7:00pm show is? I mean why so early? I saw doors open at 530.....
Any idea what time the show will be over? Trying to plan out my evening accordingly. We will just end up going with it, but I like to at least have a rough gameplan for the evening.

Also any word on smoking inside this venue? I dont smoke tobacco. I imagine it being Maine and early November there will be a ton of smoking going on. I can only hope, I dont wana be the only one..
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#76237 3 years ago
That Augusta 84 show is da Bomb. One of my all time top 10 faves.. unfortunately didn't catch it live. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the one time I was in Maine.. the EPIC 7/2 7/3 1988 summer tour ender with Little Feat at the Oxford Plains Speedway. More stage banter than any show I was ever at... Phiil throwin down HUGE bombs I mean HUGE ..If you haven't heard it you must. Listen to the bombs in Jack Straw.. I NEVER heard phil this loud. Careful with volume he may blow out yer speakers.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#76238 3 years ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Island Head
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#76239 3 years ago
I'm still kickin myself for not going to that Oxford show. Lots of my friends drove up from New York for that one. Can't beat the Dead & the Feat.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds