• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Xonk
Junior Boarder

Furthur in Portland, Maine

#55496 3 years, 1 month ago
I just got word from a VERY reliable source that Furthur is booking a show at the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland, Maine some time in November. Also booking a rehersal space.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Furthur in Portland, Maine

#55552 3 years, 1 month ago
That would be cool. Would love to hear more about that. Feels like we'll get some news this week.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
WeirStillHere2011
Junior Boarder

#55741 3 years, 1 month ago
I read on another board the rumored date is Friday, November 4th...hopefully it comes true - Portland is a great place for a show!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#55745 3 years, 1 month ago
isn't one of Bob's postponed solo shows there to? (not the same venue, I just mean in Portland)
WeirStillHere2011
Junior Boarder

#55747 3 years, 1 month ago
yes, Bobby was to play the State Theatre in Portland...maybe his solo shows will be on the off days for Furthur during the November run...probably unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to dream
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#55755 3 years, 1 month ago
well, i have been looking for a reason to knock maine off my list of states i have not been to
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
perry
Senior Boarder

#55762 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
well, i have been looking for a reason to knock maine off my list of states i have not been to

Show or no, Maine is not to be missed!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#55765 3 years, 1 month ago
perry wrote:
wlewis wrote:

Show or no, Maine is not to be missed!

that's what they tell me...

for someone who loves lobster as much as i do and grew up in the northeast you'd have thought i'd been up there...close but no cigar
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingBear
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#55767 3 years, 1 month ago
Yep...Maine is a wonderful place to live...Furthur in Portland would be amazing! Saw Phil and Friends in Augusta years back. It would be nice to have a show in my backyard again. Until then, I'm counting the days 'til I'm Rocky Mountain high!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#55769 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:

Here's what you do when you go there: Grab a cup of coffee then head to the top of Cadillac Mountain (in Acadia NP) for the first sunrise in the US, then drive down the coast in any direction and have lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I haven't actually done that yet, tho I've been to Maine years ago, but it's on my bucket list! : )
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds