• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

Re: I'm a Donar, Are you?

#5651 3 years ago
yup, registered organ donor here in PA. Lots of my friends give me shit, so we discuss the merits, and well, i dun think anyone of changed it, they at ;least of dropped the conspiracy theories of how they'll kil you to save somoen else.
Lynx
Visitor

#5672 3 years ago
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
yup, registered organ donor here in PA. Lots of my friends give me shit, so we discuss the merits, and well, i dun think anyone of changed it, they at ;least of dropped the conspiracy theories of how they'll kil you to save somoen else.

Why would your friends give you shit? what could their argument possibly be? I mean, if they were willing to drop the "conspiracy theories of how they'll kill you to save someone else" (something that is complete bullshit/urban legend IMO) then what would be the rational for not being a donor? You can't take it with you, so why not help someone else? I say to not be a donor is ignorant.

Not even religion is a legitimate excuse. Personally I'm an ardent Atheist but I am married to a lovely Jewish girl who up until recently refused to become an organ donor because apparently after the real messiah comes all of god's chosen people will rise from the grave and reincarnate before the final judgement or some shit. If they gave away their organs they won't be complete and therefore won't be able to live again (but apparently the tip of the penis is still expendable). This is why Jews generally aren't big on organ donation, cremation, etc... they must preserve the whole of the dead body because THEY THINK THEY'RE GOING TO NEED IT LATER!!!! WTF!!!!! Thankfully 5 years of me openly and unappologetically mocking such non-sense (and about 100 donor raps from Phil) has changed her mind.

To not be a donor is selfish.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by .
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#5677 3 years ago
Thats waht I say! If Im dead and gone, why not share the gift of life with others! I think its more from a standpoint that they can't handle the thoughts of death. And, ive heard to, 'their mine, fuck other people, im going to grave with it.' I just dun get it, and Im sure as hell tehy'd change their tune if something happened to them.
reb
Visitor

#5702 3 years ago
yes I am a registered NYS organ/tissue donor.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by .
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#5706 3 years ago
yep, registered IL state donor.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ruby_claire. Reason: missplelling :(9
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#5735 3 years ago
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
Thats waht I say! If Im dead and gone, why not share the gift of life with others! I think its more from a standpoint that they can't handle the thoughts of death. And, ive heard to, 'their mine, fuck other people, im going to grave with it.' I just dun get it, and Im sure as hell tehy'd change their tune if something happened to them.

Agreed.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

#5772 3 years ago
I'm an Oregon Organ Donor. Hah sorta like a double donor. But not. Was a donor long before Phil told us all we should be. All my family is in the medical profession. So yeah, it just seemed like the right thing to do. Well and it is!
cletus1
Junior Boarder

#5822 3 years ago
a proud ky donar. hoping to help someone, and hope they would do the same.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#5869 3 years ago
Yes I am and so is my lovely wife....
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
Xbalanke
Fresh Boarder

#5877 3 years ago
Been one for decades and registered for marrow for many and a recipient of two corneas, which allowed me to clearly see my kids grow up. I always get choked up and profoundly humbled during Phil's donor raps, and I always make a point to listen to them on show recordings.
coolrabbit
Fresh Boarder

#5879 3 years ago
After hearing one of Phil's organ donor raps at a show my friends and my soulmate all had the conversation about "what if?". Everyone agreed that we are all donors, without Phil's commitment to the cause and the luck to receive an organ we would have never had the conversation. If I or one of my friends were to pass unexpectedly I and our close circle of friends would hope someone could use one of our organs to save their lives.
jazfish
Junior Boarder

#5901 3 years ago
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds