• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2085
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

What a show I just returned from

#55383 2 years, 12 months ago
A good friend of mine told me I must see this group of local college guys today. I was still soaked and beat from yesterdays' "Moe drown" but I went. All I can say is they were superb.

Set 1

get up stand up
They love each other
cortez the killer
man smart
jesus is just alright
1/2 step
dont fear the reaper
big river
ohio
ramble on rose
Rock the Casbah
deal


set 2

Scarlet>
ziggy stardust>
Fire>
take me to the river>
jam, drumz, jam>
long black veil
Fire
Good vibrations>
wheel
Whiter shade of pale>
Fire
Message in a bottle
estimated

E; The Cisco Kid
everyday people
amazing grace
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: What a show I just returned from

#55385 2 years, 12 months ago
looks like a wild band, cool stuff...what college? where was the gig?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2085
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: What a show I just returned from

#55387 2 years, 12 months ago
wlewis wrote:
looks like a wild band, cool stuff...what college? where was the gig?


3 go to hamilton college and 2 from utica college and 2 from HCCC.

They played at a VFW for a benefit. The song selection showed they know what they are doing.

Horn section. drummer 2 guitars. keys
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2085
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: What a show I just returned from

#55388 2 years, 12 months ago
I must add that amazing grace was phenomenal. John Newton would be proud!!!!! It lasted like 25 minutes.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: What a show I just returned from

#55389 2 years, 12 months ago
newyawker wrote:
wlewis wrote:
looks like a wild band, cool stuff...what college? where was the gig?


3 go to hamilton college and 2 from utica college and 2 from HCCC.

They played at a VFW for a benefit. The song selection showed they know what they are doing.

Horn section. drummer 2 guitars. keys


nice..wow a horn section was not expecting that...no bass?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
greenroomosos
Junior Boarder
Posts:35

Re: What a show I just returned from

#55470 2 years, 12 months ago
What's the band's name?
mddichard07
Junior Boarder
Posts:198

Re: What a show I just returned from

#55471 2 years, 12 months ago
get some tapers asap!
derek92
Junior Boarder
Posts:237

Re: What a show I just returned from

#55473 2 years, 12 months ago
i would like to know the name and hear them if possible as well
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2085
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: What a show I just returned from

#55489 2 years, 12 months ago
wlewis wrote:
newyawker wrote:
wlewis wrote:
looks like a wild band, cool stuff...what college? where was the gig?


3 go to hamilton college and 2 from utica college and 2 from HCCC.

They played at a VFW for a benefit. The song selection showed they know what they are doing.

Horn section. drummer 2 guitars. keys


nice..wow a horn section was not expecting that...no bass?


Yes bass, forgot to put it down. Absolutely was not expecting anything.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2085
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: What a show I just returned from

#56725 2 years, 11 months ago
These guys are getting back together tonight for another jam in caroga lake. I will let you know what they play. My friend who is a roomate of 2 guys gave me a sneak preview of first set.

Warewolves of london
Let the good times roll
Movin on up (Good times theme song)
Sugaree
Feelin alright
masterpiece
Feeling stronger everyday (Chicago)
GDTRFB
In the air tonight (Phil Collins)
Althea
Beat it(Michael Jackson)
candyman
Fly on a winshield (Genesis/steve hackett)
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds