• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4900
R U Kind?

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55202 2 years, 11 months ago
You have a box full of LP, vinyl records both 33 and 45 speeds

You have boxes full of old cassette tapes

You've had or listened to an 8 track player

You remember being amazed at the clarity when cd's came out - especially things like without a net

You remember or have copies of the old diamond duprees news free newspaper they used to hand out after the shows

Isn't mail order in San Rafael?

You remember paying $5 for tickets to see the band

Much of your Grateful dead Memorabilia is 20 ears old or more, some destroyed by the elements, and you will not throw anything away

You have stacks of tape cassette covers custom made to hand write in the show information

You not only remember buying cassettes, you can still remember the brand (Maxel MRX TKO for me 90 minutes (45 min per side...bought hundreds)

You remember timing songs to decide what "filler" song(s) your kind friend with the cassettes can squeeze on your copy
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Equinox
captaintony
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3691

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55219 2 years, 11 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
You have a box full of LP, vinyl records both 33 and 45 speeds

You have boxes full of old cassette tapes

You've had or listened to an 8 track player

You remember being amazed at the clarity when cd's came out - especially things like without a net

You remember or have copies of the old diamond duprees news free newspaper they used to hand out after the shows

Isn't mail order in San Rafael?

You remember paying $5 for tickets to see the band

Much of your Grateful dead Memorabilia is 20 ears old or more, some destroyed by the elements, and you will not throw anything away

You have stacks of tape cassette covers custom made to hand write in the show information

You not only remember buying cassettes, you can still remember the brand (Maxel MRX TKO for me 90 minutes (45 min per side...bought hundreds)

You remember timing songs to decide what "filler" song(s) your kind friend with the cassettes can squeeze on your copy


I thought everybody knew and done this all.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
Posts:674
I take pictures

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55232 2 years, 11 months ago
Breaking weather news Phil Lesh's neighbors are reporting a 7.5 earth quake now go be the rock star that you are
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1739

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55306 2 years, 10 months ago
You still read books.

You remember watching ESPNs debut season. (lots of rugby, womens volleyball, soccer, ping pong tournaments ..

This one will take ya way back..... if you remember watching a prime time show covering next years Saturday Morning cartoons.

You watched the Streets of San Francisco when it was NOT in reruns.

You watched Mannix, Kojak, Barreta

The show the Twilight Zone scared the shit out of you.

You remember setting of rockets.

You put baseball cards in your bikes tires spokes with a clothespin.

You built "forts" in the woods

Gone are the daze
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1739

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55309 2 years, 10 months ago
oh and another ... IF you watched Lidsville or H R Puff N Stuff



Dude, this is getting disturbing. Those were my two favorite shows growing up. I'm hoping we have different parents

Me too. But if lidsville is the ko koo kookiest...and falling in turning into the hat he fell..swirling & twirling ah oooo are imbedded in your DNA ..... we just may be related. Hold on I gotta run and pick up the HOTLINE!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4829

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55310 2 years, 10 months ago
...You had a school funded Grateful Dead Club. It was the largest club in my high school year book. The school stopped funding the club after a few years when they found out we were skipping school to go to grateful dead concerts.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1739

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55318 2 years, 10 months ago
Island Head wrote:
...You had a school funded Grateful Dead Club. It was the largest club in my high school year book. The school stopped funding the club after a few years when they found out we were skipping school to go to grateful dead concerts.


That is awesome. Wish I culd have attended such a fine institution. Where and when was this?
Island Head
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4829

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55333 2 years, 10 months ago
I went to Rye High school in Westchester County New York and graduated in 1984. If I can find the year book picture I will post it.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:30982
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55334 2 years, 10 months ago
Island Head wrote:
I went to Rye High school in Westchester County New York and graduated in 1984. If I can find the year book picture I will post it.

Small world- I lived in Rye for three years, from age 3-6. Went to kindergarten there (Milton), before moving back to Michigan. Hard to beat living within blocks of both the beach and an amusement park! : )
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder
Posts:1016

Re: A few signs that you may be gettin old "deadhead"

#55337 2 years, 10 months ago
Wasn't H R puff n stuff have those weird characters? Because I used to love that show
GOOD LOVE
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds