• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: forgot to bring my incense/ozium to the hotel...

#55278 3 years, 1 month ago
guitargeorge wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
You can get a vapor genie for 65 bucks.

The glass vapor genie cost a little more but is really nice. Highly recomended.

I switched from the genie to the Iolite, which is more expensive, but seems to work better. Though honestly, I'm still not fond of vaping except when there's a need for discretion; wish I were for my lungs' sake. My only point about the genie was that there is a low cost option out there, to avoid having to use sprays or stand by the window in your hotel room, whatever the price of the room.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#55283 3 years, 1 month ago
I'm thinking I could just avoid hotels to save some money in the future and just pull over and sleep at a rest area or service station ...... I always thought that just trucks n stuff are allowed to do that but I noticed a lot of people sleeping in their cars latley.....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#55288 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I'm thinking I could just avoid hotels to save some money in the future and just pull over and sleep at a rest area or service station ...... I always thought that just trucks n stuff are allowed to do that but I noticed a lot of people sleeping in their cars latley.....

i did that for a very long time man, and it was mainly when i was touring alone...it sucked with another person, tight quarters depending on your ride....but it's sketchy you can't kick back and freely burn or roam free or anything otherwise you look suspicious and with todays security threats and camera systems at major rest stops, you don't want to be fucking around....now there are low key "parking areas" and things of the sort but be ready to have random dudes on valentines day asking if you want a blow job, creeps coming near your car late at night, etc....i have almost completely abolished that from my touring itinerary...i will pull over to rest for an hour or two but that is it, and and if i am traveling with someone...for the past few tours i was doing motels primarily..it was certainly nice, but gets expensive when living in rooms for a month and a half...camping is a great option that i s not very costly....all of this was a MAJOR decision in why i chose to ride on the golden arrow with friends and forum members for a nominal price of 500 dollars for the upcoming west coast tour...i woulda spent double-triple that on motels and not to mention the gasoline to get around...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#55293 3 years, 1 month ago
^good advice. If I ever decide to do that I wont smoke and I'll bring stuff to block my windows so nobody will be able to tell if its just some little white dude in the car or some crazy 300 pound guy.... I've been thinking about camping to but I'm also thinking about traveling in the winter

what's the difference (if any) between a hotel and a motel - is one cheaper in price and quality?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#55296 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
^good advice. If I ever decide to do that I wont smoke and I'll bring stuff to block my windows so nobody will be able to tell if its just some little white dude in the car or some crazy 300 pound guy.... I've been thinking about camping to but I'm also thinking about traveling in the winter

what's the difference (if any) between a hotel and a motel - is one cheaper in price and quality?

a hotel normally has a large lobby area connected to the area where rooms are, has multiple levels and things like room service....motels are really designed for people who are traveling...small little office area and you really drive right up to your room, really no other amenities

hotels are normally more expensive than motels it really all depends...i usually try to go somewhere i have heard of or been to before
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds