Junior Boarder

Re: So whats eveybody do for a job

#55451 2 years, 10 months ago
sandwich artist at subway
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#55491 2 years, 10 months ago
I am a broadband network field supervisor for a cable/internet/telephone/alarm provider. We have been working 12-16 hour days every day since Hurricane Irene and I am ready to drop.

As a public service announcement, the surest way to make sure your service will stay out even longer is to act like an ass and launch a personal attack on the guys out working. They have barely seen their families in over a week and don't need to hear your opinion on what sorry service they provide. Thank you for allowing me to get that off my chest.
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#55493 2 years, 10 months ago
Academia forever
nastero
Junior Boarder

#55518 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm a software developer for a commercial software company that sells, amongst other things, PC Optimization software.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#55531 2 years, 10 months ago
nastero wrote:
I'm a software developer for a commercial software company that sells, amongst other things, PC Optimization software.

oh, so you're those guys! Exactly what is being optimized and why?!
nastero
Junior Boarder

#55549 2 years, 10 months ago
captaintony wrote:
nastero wrote:

oh, so you're those guys! Exactly what is being optimized and why?!

Well, a computer is much like a car or any other type of machine. It needs maintenance every so often to ensure optimal performance.

In the case of computers it can be memory and file fragmentation, registry bloat, unnecessary programs, redundant programs, files that launch at startup, file system bloat (temporary files, cached internet, etc). A lot of people don't know how or can't be bothered with dealing with these things themselves (much like they can't be bothered to service their own cars) and so our software manages that for them.

Anyway, that's the "cliff-notes" version of what our software does and I help design how we do these things, improve how we do them, and account for advances in technology that allow us to do them better and faster.
Don McGurrin
Fresh Boarder

#55587 2 years, 10 months ago
I worked in printing for 35 years and got hurt on the job. I have been out of sense then. 2 1/2 years now.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#55651 2 years, 10 months ago
I got a steady job....haulin' item for the mob.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
aiko420
Junior Boarder

#55773 2 years, 10 months ago
I am a Graphic Designer. I love what I do. I can help support my family, see some shows and be creative everyday. In my cover letter that I send out, I say "Design is a passion of mine and I am extremely fortunate to be able to create the way people see things in this graphically influenced world." That sums it up. Now I can say that my career has lead me down many roads, and I can add to my resume "Poster Design - Furthur Fall Tour - 2011" & "Poster Design - Steve Kimock's NYC Residency at the Sullivan Theater - 2010" Hopefully people will like them and I can get some more jobs doing poster designs.
Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#55795 2 years, 10 months ago
funky420 wrote:
I deal in grass. Which means I mow lawns, it's an alright gig, winters off for ice fishing xcept when it snows then we do snow removal.

Fuckin hippie..LoL
Time to create page: 0.92 seconds