• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: So whats eveybody do for a job

#55298 2 years, 7 months ago
kfender wrote:
I'm a NY state correction officer.Just got home from my second 16 hour shift.No work until Saturday now

what facility are you in?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
kfender
Gold Boarder

#55299 2 years, 7 months ago
I work at Five Points in Seneca county W.I know there are a lot of facilities out your way.Work with alot of people from out west
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#55350 2 years, 7 months ago
I've been in & out of food service for twenty years now, with a brief stint teaching high-school English. Currently I work at a super-ritzy resort in the N. Carolina mountains putting the ॐ in omelettes, and I write poetry during my off time. No points for guessing which gig pays.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by bokb.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#55353 2 years, 7 months ago
I work in the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant along with Homer Simpson's identical twin. I also am a Marine Biologist in my spare time.

Actually I'm just a boring tax accountant working for a small family office in New York City - the the nuclear scientist just sounded much cooler
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#55386 2 years, 7 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
I'm at work right now. I'm an admissions counselor at an addiction treatment center. I take calls coming in on a crisis hotline from alcoholics and drug addicts and their family members and direct them to appropriate treatment centers. This is an entry-level job as I am just starting a new career in this field. I will be taking an exam this December to get a state certification as an addiction counselor. My goal is to work as a therapist at a treatment center.

This is a cool job for the time being. Not only do I get to help people with the same problems that I've had myself in the past, but in between calls I can listen to music, read books, check out this forum, etc. Plus, I work with a bunch of cool people. Quite a few of us here are Deadheads and Wharf Rats.

It's good you have a background to work from. See all that past parites paid off. Really, people can see through the bullshit when someone hasn't been through it before. Kudos to you for making a difference!
The following user(s) said Thank You: edheadwharfrat, scar1et_f1re
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#55391 2 years, 7 months ago
^^^^tony is right...when i was a kid about 14 or 15 i was in an outpatient clinic because of a scrape with local law enforcement involving buds...my counselor was this dude who never used drugs or anything and he was basically instructing me out of textbooks it was odd i told him he had the problem...i spent some time in an inpatient clinic later in my senior year and it was the same situation where the counselors weren't recovering addicts in fact i think some used...it was really negative i couldn't get onto that level with someone who had no clue of what the hell i was experiencing or going through

i currently have a friend living in huntington beach CA working as a rehab counselor and he is a recovering dope addict
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: edheadwharfrat
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#55400 2 years, 7 months ago
My job is turning lead into gold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#55401 2 years, 7 months ago
I work as a radio talk show host and producer.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#55432 2 years, 7 months ago
My job is turning lead into gold.

Ooops, double post
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Bakes.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#55448 2 years, 7 months ago
I deal in grass. Which means I mow lawns, it's an alright gig, winters off for ice fishing xcept when it snows then we do snow removal.
The voices tell me what to say
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds