• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Kind_Head
Junior Boarder

New to the forums!

#54626 2 years, 7 months ago
Hey yall. I stop in to check these forums every once in a while.. Figured its time to start an account.

Heres a little about me =p

I'll be 21 in October. I was 5 years old when Jerry died, but the Dead is my bread and butter. I started off in the jam scene when I was in high school, but it wasnt until i was like 18 when I really started to like the GD. I saw The Dead at Rothbury the second year, and ever since then Ive tried to make it to as many shows as I can. I like Warren as much as the next guy.. but I love Furthur.

My favorite show to this day was when they came through my hometown. They played the Northrop Auditorium in Minneapolis, MN. Amazing show, great setlist , and lots of mindful people.. old and young. They opened and encored with Bob Dylan tunes which felt special since he was from MN and all. It was great to see a lot scene right smack dab in the middle of the U of M campus. Only other place we really get a taste of the lot is at the MN Zoo amphitheater.. DSO plays there every year, and its a great venue.
My favorite part about Furthur personally is Joe Russo, hands down. I think hes the greatest drummer ever to live. And the kit he plays has got to be the best sounding drums ive ever heard. High toms like perfectly tuned firecracker explosions of crisp colorful sound. The chemistry between phil and joe is wild. Some of the little moments they have sometimes I cant believe!

Ive been getting really into 7 Walkers lately. They really rocked my soul at Wanee Music Fest this spring.. I mean they jammed the shit out until like 3 am headlining spot on the Mushroom Stage. Its like if the Grateful Dead were from New Orleans or something like that. Matt Hubbard on the organ and harp at the same time is so fun and just sounds awesome.
Was anyone there for that show? Please tell me theres some fellow Wanee family on this board!! If you dont know you need to find out!! 2 nights of ABB in the most beautiful and magical place to see music you could ever imagine.

A little bit more about me I guess... I am a freelance film maker and a sound engineer.

I am one of the founders for Third Eye Productions. A company a friend and I started last summer. We film live performances and do live multi track recordings. Amongst many other things we also do, that is our passion.

Check out some of our videos or find us on facebook.

www.vimeo.com/channels/thirdeye

please check out some of the stuff on our channel.. Everything from EOTO, to funky Trios, to jammy blues/soul and reggae!

Give me some feedback or CC... I would love to hear it, seriously! Outside the music scene... (well, even INSIDE it) This is my life! I commit almost every day to it, and I love hearing feedback from like minded people! Good or bad.

Thats me guys.. Sorry I get carried away and tend to rant a lot.. especially on these message boards, hopefully you will can get use to it.
Hope to see some of you on t000r!
Im doing Red Rocks, then back home to work, and then im off for Cheese tour. Doing PA>NY-2 Nghts > Boston

"Maybe Ill meet cha on tha run"
In the end theres just a song.. Its cryin' down the wind!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: New to the forums!

#54627 2 years, 7 months ago
Interesting point about Phil and Joe. Of course, they'd have a tight relationship as they constitute the rhythm section, however unorthodox their approach. It's like John Mollo who was the only constant member in all the Phil & Friends line-ups. Gotta have that foundation.

I'm a 7 Walkers fan as well. Saw them last year and I was definitely impressed. Hope they continue to build on what they've started.

Welcome.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#54639 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the forum kindhead.

Joe Russo is so damn good, it's like daaaaaammmmnnnn!

I like 7 Walkers as well. Just saw them recently in Alaska.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#54648 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the mental hospital. We will begin with electroshock therapy, and be sure to comment on my penis painting thread... hahahhahahhaha =-P
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#54662 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the forum! Cool avatar, too! : )
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#54669 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcom.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#54680 2 years, 7 months ago
welcome aboard the crazy train!
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#54681 2 years, 7 months ago
welcome !
tomtaliman
Visitor

#54707 2 years, 7 months ago
Grateful Dead in their good and bad times were indeed a great ride.the actual peak of the band was that mindblowing day at the polo fields ,golden gate park,Sunday for Jerrys memorial,15 yrs ago. the peak of peaks...people were.dropping like flies ,mentally and physically..only strong minded people survived that day.few of those thousands are actually thriving today.these bands nowadays,further,all this dead spinoff crap,r b.s. these younger idiots like that rich white boy 420 whose actually a ass loving white hillbilly Dick lover.. r jus mommy n daddy punk ass kids. do urself a favor....listen to Zero,Jerry Garcia Band ,anything with Martin fierro,meryl Saunders,n last but certainly not least..Lowell George.
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#54714 2 years, 7 months ago
Hi

Glad you decided to join.

Sounds like you've made a really cool career choice based on something you really love, that's so great!

It's cool that you are young and appreciating not just the music, but the whole scene as well.

Welcome

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Time to create page: 0.95 seconds