• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Is there a song...........

#54052 3 years ago
Is there song or has there been a song that further has played that you would knida be pissed off or disappointed. For an example. If further tried playing simple twist of fate, I think I would be furious in a good way but I just think some songs shouldnt go there. Anybody got one
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
MWoods
Junior Boarder

Re: Is there a song...........

#54057 3 years ago
Wtf are you talking about?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#54059 3 years ago
Sorry if I didn't explain myself but when Bobby does dear prudence it's kinda annoying. Ratdog didn't do a good job with it that's just my opion. When Bobby does black peter I think be kills it in a bad way. I'm just saying I don't want see them or Bobby try to bust out with say simple twist of fate and kill that.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#54062 3 years ago
O and I love this band unconditionally just like all you. I'm not criticizing just my thoughts
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#54063 3 years ago
Ah, I see. I agree on black Peter, but I never cared for that song much anyway. I liked the dogs take on dear prudence though. As far as your question is concerned, I feel that if the guys (and girl) in furthur wanna take a crack at a song I say go for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#54066 3 years ago
I'll say that I really love when Furthur covers any Beatles song....I'm not the biggest Beatles fan to be honest but when Furthur covers them it's the best!!! And I can't ever get enough of them doing Fool in the Rain. Whoever saw that live...I'm jealous!

As for songs I don't care for...well hmmm I would like to see them take just a few outta rotation and surprise us with a few new ones
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#54068 3 years ago
Maybe I'm just being sensitive today listing to simple twist and Jerry just does it with so much ease. It captures me and well I just love Jerry and I want some of his songs done with good justice. Seriously though I love black peter and in 2010 at brooms field I was like really bob you killing this right now at least let John sing it
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#54073 3 years ago
I wanna hear John sing Franklin's just once!!! Please Phil I do love you though!! )
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#54076 3 years ago
I actually love Furthur's cover of Dear Prudence.

Some songs that Phil sings I would prefer JK sang (like Franlin's Tower).

I think it would be a mistake to omit some songs because Jerry did the so well. Furthur seems to be playing just about anything from the GD catalogue, including songs the GD never did live, or rarely. I think that's great. Plus all the new covers.

Sometimes it pays to get a previous version of song (like a Jerry version) out of your head so that you can really listen to the current version. It may be hard, but try not to compare.

Take it as a new experience everytime.
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#54088 3 years ago
I listened to Good Morning Little School girl from Utica earlier today (pasted below)... I did not think it was a good version and it may be one that should be left alone. I had to turn it off after a couple minutes

www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-02-2...ldberg.115769.flac16
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds