• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DL1943
Junior Boarder

Re: Is having legal meds available in your state good?

#54163 3 years, 1 month ago
i dont think much weed on the streets in CA is from dispensaries....maybe in socal. socal has kinda gotten a "stupid rich white kids" image from norcal growers...thats where we wanna go to get rid of our shit because its not out of state and the kids down there will pay alot more than kids in norcal who are swimming in the shit from their grower friends and family. and since some folks dont have connections in socal they just go down and sell to dispensaries, which probably puts alot of the weed market in dispensaries. they've begun to smarten up tho, prices this year are lower in socal ive noticed/.

dispensaries have made the market for different strains more consistent, not more varied tho. when someone says a strain is "purple kush" or "sour disel" or whatever its alot more likely that the strain is what they say it is due to the immense importance placed on strains by the mmj industry. availability is the same as before.

again, this is probably a norcal sentiment, but mmj dispensaries are seen as overpriced dealers that cater to people with no connections. their prices are always high, they give very little price breaks, and they still want to pay 1600-2000 for a pound. then they turn around and sell it in individual 1/8ths for 35-50 each? alot of dispensaries in the bay area only sell in 1/8ths...no price breaks beyond 1/8th, but they do not pass those profits on to the growers in any way. id rather not deal with them.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by DL1943.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#54290 3 years, 1 month ago
It's pretty much legal in Colorado.They are like Starbucks. Two on every street corner.
Tilnot
Fresh Boarder

#54302 3 years, 1 month ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
It's pretty much legal in Colorado.They are like Starbucks. Two on every street corner.

I need to move! LOL
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#54356 3 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Or, you could get lucky and find some for free. DH420, WERE YOU IN SAN JOSE YESTERDAY?????!!!!!! ; )

Pot proves too tempting for bystanders after Calif. crash
Cops looking for driver and people who made off with bags of marijuana

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Pedestrians and motorists grabbed bags of marijuana that spilled onto the road from a truck that crashed in San Jose, according to police.
The bystanders swooped in and grabbed most of the pot after the driver of the truck ran away from the accident at about 12:50 a.m. Wednesday.
When officers arrived, they found a few remaining bags of marijuana and a loaded handgun inside the truck.
Police told the San Jose Mercury News that they were looking for those who took the illicit cargo and also for the truck's driver, who was carrying the marijuana illegally.
Neither the driver nor the people who took the marijuana have been identified.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash

that's funny. I can picture the looting go on.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#54383 3 years, 1 month ago
When I lived in Hawaii, the stuff was not legal but the police had no concern about it. I would prefer for the country not to make it legal but rather just leave us the fuck alone and not tell us whether we can or can not ingest a plant that god created
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#54389 3 years, 1 month ago
DL1943 wrote:
i dont think much weed on the streets in CA is from dispensaries....maybe in socal. socal has kinda gotten a "stupid rich white kids" image from norcal growers...thats where we wanna go to get rid of our shit because its not out of state and the kids down there will pay alot more than kids in norcal who are swimming in the shit from their grower friends and family. and since some folks dont have connections in socal they just go down and sell to dispensaries, which probably puts alot of the weed market in dispensaries. they've begun to smarten up tho, prices this year are lower in socal ive noticed/.

dispensaries have made the market for different strains more consistent, not more varied tho. when someone says a strain is "purple kush" or "sour disel" or whatever its alot more likely that the strain is what they say it is due to the immense importance placed on strains by the mmj industry. availability is the same as before.

again, this is probably a norcal sentiment, but mmj dispensaries are seen as overpriced dealers that cater to people with no connections. their prices are always high, they give very little price breaks, and they still want to pay 1600-2000 for a pound. then they turn around and sell it in individual 1/8ths for 35-50 each? alot of dispensaries in the bay area only sell in 1/8ths...no price breaks beyond 1/8th, but they do not pass those profits on to the growers in any way. id rather not deal with them.

I worked at a dispensary in SoCal for about 2 yrs and i couldn't begin to explain how many NorCal vendors would roll down in old busty trucks and try an sell lbs of outdoor sativa labeled as Bubba Kush or whatever was the flavor of the month for $4000, an were just shocked when they got turned down. Not saying that Norcal doesn't have great herbs, they really do but were not as stupid as they think down here, and the stuff they usuallt try an bring down is their midgrades, assuming were too dumb to figure it out. The shops in SoCal have been flooded with superb, I mean SUPERB locally grown indoor with the clones/seeds often times coming straight from the hands of those responsible for creating the said strain. Competition has fortunately been driving the prices down more and more and what you normally come across on the street is usually originating from shops or better. I do believe it should be legal but I am very content with the idea of Medicinal Marijuana and hope that in the coming years, patients will have complete ease of access and that non patients will accept and acknowledge its healing properties. Shops need to take their position more seriously, not some that some do not because there are really caring and compassionate people behind some of these collectives. To me it feels that when you have bright Neon pot leaf signs on Hollywood Blvd. (tourist, every friggin where!!) and bikini clad girls in Venice rollerblading around with billboards offering Medical cards from shady doctors that usually won't be around long enough for your rec to expire, it conveys the wrong message to those peeking in with little to no knowledge of the great marijuana plant. All for legalization but until then I say we as a Country need to realize that it is a medicine and that the plant iself contains hundres if not thousands of uses from Hemp to alternative fuels, and so many more!!

on a side note I went into a dispensary the other day where the guy running the place was an old Dead Head and he lets you choose which Charity you would like the majority of your donation to go to, one of the choices was the Rex Foundation, cool Huh? Told me about the good ol' days an makin goo balls for shake down!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420, scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds