• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Is having legal meds available in your state good?

#54014 2 years, 10 months ago
I assume it's great for the average Joe, but I am not too sure as I am from NY. From what I see, the quality has improved dramatically, we are seeing things here that are very special. They are named the same as in the dispensaries but who knows where it's really from. Prices are still pretty high here for the special nuggets.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
wngfan
Junior Boarder

Re: Is having legal meds available in your state good?

#54022 2 years, 10 months ago
having legal meds in your home state is a very good thing for the average joe. But you really shoudln't need a doctors recommendation, however it is a step in the right direction. I think in most of the states where it is legal, it was already more or less decriminalized and not really considered a big deal.

I think the best part is really just easy access to lots of varieties.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
perry
Senior Boarder

#54087 2 years, 10 months ago
Is this a trick question?
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by perry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#54093 2 years, 10 months ago
perry wrote:
Is this a trick question?

Hehehhehehe, i know right. How could it not be a GREAT thing. Its a huuuge step in the right direction. Herbs a great medicine and a harmless recreational "drug". Alcohol used to be DAMN illegal and its everywhere you look now, n on every corner.Alcohol became a prescribed medicine before it became legal, not to mention, yet mentioning that the harm of either arent even in the same ball park.(and there are obviously different methods of using marijuana to avoid the miniscule amount of irritation to the lungs) Mark my words, in less than five years herb will totally be legal, n people will be all, "arrggg ya remember when dis reeefer was ILLEGAL,bahahahaha" lol I think ima smoke a bowl right now, mhmmm yup *COUGHITY COUGH COUGH* mmmmmmm delightfully grapey. lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, iamthedoor
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#54132 2 years, 10 months ago
Was not meant as a trick question. Obviously if you can get an RX its great, but if you can't, I assume it increases the variety what is available but I don't know about the prices or anything. And in states like California, the land of plenty, I really didn't know if it has any effect on the average Joe. I always thought it was all over there for years. In NY I believe that's one reason the quality has gotten much better, but when I tell people what I pay they say it's way too much -- so essentially the distributors are selling at huge mark ups here (I understand they need to be rewarded for risks).

wngfan
Junior Boarder

#54141 2 years, 10 months ago
Here in oregon, you have to name a grower when you register for hte OMMP program, and you are only allowed to reimburse for the cost of growing.. so usually about 30 to 100 an ounce. I think street prices are more like 180 an oz.. all top shelf too. I would expect NY to be at least double in price because it isn't legal for medical use there.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#54144 2 years, 10 months ago
try $100 and eighth if you are in NYC area and want safe ez delivery or pick up. I've seen it a bit less ($80 or so), but generally not as good. Not much in terms of breaks for quantity either I am definitely in the wrong area and I have also lost most connections

SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#54147 2 years, 10 months ago
Or, you could get lucky and find some for free. DH420, WERE YOU IN SAN JOSE YESTERDAY?????!!!!!! ; )

Pot proves too tempting for bystanders after Calif. crash
Cops looking for driver and people who made off with bags of marijuana

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Pedestrians and motorists grabbed bags of marijuana that spilled onto the road from a truck that crashed in San Jose, according to police.
The bystanders swooped in and grabbed most of the pot after the driver of the truck ran away from the accident at about 12:50 a.m. Wednesday.
When officers arrived, they found a few remaining bags of marijuana and a loaded handgun inside the truck.
Police told the San Jose Mercury News that they were looking for those who took the illicit cargo and also for the truck's driver, who was carrying the marijuana illegally.
Neither the driver nor the people who took the marijuana have been identified.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by SunshineSue.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#54153 2 years, 10 months ago
I soooooo totally think it would be great for the average joe in ny. Right now its..."you get what you get and you don't throw a fit"....what you get may not be what you need. There are some people who really need it for its amazing pain relieving attributes. As for the price, well i think i would rather pay alittle more for what heals without side effects than pay 10$ per bottle of advil monthly that in time gives you an ulcer and pickles your liver and kidneys and then you have to "deal" with all that for a long time to come. Would be even better if they let you grow your own.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#54156 2 years, 10 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Was not meant as a trick question. Obviously if you can get an RX its great, but if you can't, I assume it increases the variety what is available but I don't know about the prices or anything. And in states like California, the land of plenty, I really didn't know if it has any effect on the average Joe. I always thought it was all over there for years. In NY I believe that's one reason the quality has gotten much better, but when I tell people what I pay they say it's way too much -- so essentially the distributors are selling at huge mark ups here (I understand they need to be rewarded for risks).

Usually the herb in cali that you get from any ol person came from a dispensary. I always get tasty purples n whatnot from people. The place i go to, their price cap is 40bucks for an eighth, n a 4 dollar tax. Iono anything bout ny tho. I wouldnt pay for than 50 for an 1/8 anywhere. =-)
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds