• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur please let us know if Nov. tour is on

#54211 3 years ago
MSG will be available in November - they already have a bunch of stuff booked, I think construction ends in October sometime.....

as much as I would love another long NYC run at a small place like Best Buy or Beacon, I think its unlikely for this tour but much more likely for a late winter/spring 2012 tour.....

---- Mansfield was the emptiest Furthur show I've seen, also Jones Beach had tons of tickets left the day before the show - I dunno how many sold the day of. Jones Beach was such a perfect place for them to play though - heres hoping for a return next year!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by MushroomMan.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#54224 3 years ago
deadontherivet wrote:
Big Ralph wrote:
I don't mean to be a drag,but we are in the toughest economy of our lifetime.No band is gonna tour is a town where they are not going to fill all(or most seats). Furthur experienced this in some towns this summer. just saying.....

Furthur doesn't need to sell venues out to make money. The band gets a guarantee from the promoter, and probably part of the gate. If they are filling 5000 seats they are making money. The venues are making tons of money on concessions alone. Last year in St. Louis they sold out of beer at set break. Thats a ton of money at $10 a pop.

Another thing I noticed last year is that the show was not promoted very well in general. Their were ads in the RFT, our free weekly, but there weren't any right ups . They also don't use the Grateful dead connection in the ads. Everybody on this board knows who Furthur is, but many casual fans out there don't. That's why the Dead could sell put a 20000 seat amphitheater, and Furthur didn't sell out a 10,000 seat arena.

I didn't think Furthur would come back to St.Louis because the arena was only half full. But getting guarantee from the promoters gives me hope! Plus I think they should play the new Peanody Opera house. It's opening in October so they can help put some energy into the place! And I didn't know we sold outta beer. That's funny! But then again I don't drink...

A funny story I'll share though. I went up to Chicago right after and the first night I was waiting in line for the cd. I was standing next to this beer cart on wheels. But it was shut down and pushed to the side. Some concertgoer walks up to the spout thing and starts to pour himself a drink. I thought it was so funny. He left then came back with his friends and started filling everyone's cups up. It was the funniest thing! Well the next night I'm waiting in line for the cd and my friend points out to me that they had a security guard standing next to the closed down beer cart......o BUMMER!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#54231 3 years ago
Yeah Peabody would be amazing. WSP is playing there in October. I am really hoping for anything close, KC, Indy, Chicago ETC. I will do all those dates. I guess will will know tomorrow either way.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#54234 3 years ago
my heart races whenever I see a new post on this thread. I hope they announce something....anything ..just soon.

~My dog he turned to me and he said, let's head back to Tennessee Fred
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#54276 3 years ago
i heard a totally reliable rumor about the indy show...

that if they are goin to play the murat, play in the Egyptian Ballroom, not the theatre!!!!
(like you guys believe shit i post anywho)
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#54398 3 years ago
I have 2.5 vacation days left to use in 2011. Should I use them while the weather is nice, or hang on to them in case there is a weekday out of town show I want to hit?
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#54399 3 years ago
I'd save them ,but that's just me
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#54414 3 years ago
Save the days Pete!!! I know it may be hard with the last few beautiful days of summer. But think of those beautiful nights filled with amazing music from Furthur!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#54419 3 years ago
I've got a bit over 2 weeks saved....cmon furthur......

If no further, I think I am going to the second happiest place on earth....Walt Disney World.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#54427 3 years ago
I kind of like when they dont use the GD connection in ads.Makes for more room to dance and spread out.Plus,i'm guessing alot of you are younger but the GD played to small crowds in half empty rooms more times than you would think.We are a quirky group. Bob Weir and Phil Lesh are not playing music together for money.I hope you guys dont think that.Anyway, I hope they come east in Nov.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds