• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
movable parts
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur please let us know if Nov. tour is on.

#54054 3 years, 1 month ago
i saw indianapolis date on november 21 on vip ticket list. which is the monday before thanksgiving which means they will probaly kick of in the northeast and end up in midwest...reverse of last fall...and similar to the pattern of this westcoast fall compared to 2010.

has anyone heard any updates on the make up dates for bobby acoustic??
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#54104 3 years, 1 month ago
OK, I will bite..........What venue in Indy was this vip list for ?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#54115 3 years, 1 month ago
im guessing live nation vip ticket sales
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
movable parts
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur please let us know if Nov. tour is on

#54120 3 years, 1 month ago
Murat Theatre @ Old National Centre (Indianapolis) is the venue.

Also please share with us some of the "ear burning" details of this fall's tour as it relates to live nation.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#54128 3 years, 1 month ago
I don't mean to be a drag,but we are in the toughest economy of our lifetime.No band is gonna tour is a town where they are not going to fill all(or most seats). Furthur experienced this in some towns this summer. just saying.....
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#54130 3 years, 1 month ago
I agree about needing to fill seats, Ralph, but I'd be willing to bet they could sell out in Indy. That's pretty central for a lot of us in the middle, and they never had trouble selling Deer Creek tix. Call me a crazy optimist, but I've still got my fingers crossed for some news tomorrow! : )
movable parts
Junior Boarder

#54135 3 years, 1 month ago
indy's got a huge head deadhead community and i'm lookng to head out for some pre-thksgiving celebration.

also there is talk about a mulit night run at the beacon and a nassau colliseum show...MSG is under construction.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#54142 3 years, 1 month ago
Big Ralph wrote:
I don't mean to be a drag,but we are in the toughest economy of our lifetime.No band is gonna tour is a town where they are not going to fill all(or most seats). Furthur experienced this in some towns this summer. just saying.....

Furthur doesn't need to sell venues out to make money. The band gets a guarantee from the promoter, and probably part of the gate. If they are filling 5000 seats they are making money. The venues are making tons of money on concessions alone. Last year in St. Louis they sold out of beer at set break. Thats a ton of money at $10 a pop.

Another thing I noticed last year is that the show was not promoted very well in general. Their were ads in the RFT, our free weekly, but there weren't any right ups . They also don't use the Grateful dead connection in the ads. Everybody on this board knows who Furthur is, but many casual fans out there don't. That's why the Dead could sell put a 20000 seat amphitheater, and Furthur didn't sell out a 10,000 seat arena.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#54145 3 years, 1 month ago
I think the longer they wait to make the announcement, the more that bodes well for a Beacon run. There'll probably be some quick alert and then maybe a window of a day or two at most for mail order and other sales. That's all they'd need to sell out an eight night run (if indeed that rumor is true).
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#54178 3 years, 1 month ago
Equinox wrote:
I think the longer they wait to make the announcement, the more that bodes well for a Beacon run. There'll probably be some quick alert and then maybe a window of a day or two at most for mail order and other sales. That's all they'd need to sell out an eight night run (if indeed that rumor is true).

I'm interested the Railroad Earth Stroudsburg run, and DSO shows right around Thanksgiving. Can't buy tickets cause I have a notion that Furthur might be playing those dates.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds