• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Jeff C. appriciation

#54412 3 years ago
^^^George I don't know what I believe about communicating with spirits but that book looks real interesting...I searched the libraries around town but couldn't located it so bought it off of Barnes and Noble for 6 bucks... Can't wait to read it!

So I was searching youtube for some possible solo jeff videos. I couldn't find any but I did find this one with him talking a little but about playing with the Dead. And Phil says some very kind words about Jeff... Calls him the icing on the cake. Also it seems like Phil is trying to tell us about the future but we just couldn't see it back then...Now its all so clear...

And I love when Mickey says this music was made to be played for "forever"!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge, Xonk
Girl 11
Fresh Boarder

#54423 3 years ago
guitargeorge wrote:
Just got to say I love the positive energy on this board towards the band and music. So glad Furthur decided to make their own board. I really got sick of the negative vibes on the zone.

Try saying some of the stuff that's in this thread on the other board. You'll never hear the end of it. Speaking from experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#54504 3 years ago
Girl 11-yes you are right; sorry if you were the brunt of some of that negativity. I don't spend much time there anymore. Constructive criticism is one thing but unnecessary ugly negativity...best to just ignore it...though at times I'm tempted to respond, it is probably pointless, and a lot of it is probably posted just to get a reaction. You learn not to take the bait and not feed into it. There are many of us who are grateful, appreciate this band, love the music, and get off at concerts big time.

FurthurFlower67,

It is an interesting read, glad you found it. There is this whole weird spiritual background to the Dead that does not get talked about much but I find it very interesting. Jerry (or Jerry's "oversoul") says that he had to die to shift the energy because he was bringing the band down. He suggests that "That's it for the Other One," is about him:

The other day they waited, the sky was dark and faded,
Solemnly they stated, "He has to die, you know he has to die."
All the children learnin', from books that they were burnin',
Every leaf was turnin' ; to watch him die, you know he had to die.

The summer sun looked down on him, his mother could but frown on him,
And all the others sound on him, but it doesn't seem to matter.

And when the day had ended, with rainbow colors blended,
His mind remained unbended, he had to die, you know he had to die.

There is lots of other interesting stuff in the book...like Wendy says she met these like spiritual wolves at Bob's house that frightened her like they were going to attack her, but found out that they were there to protect Bob. Bob's response was something like, "Oh you saw them."

I don't know how much is true but I try to keep an open mind and if nothing else it is interesting. Beats watching TV!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by guitargeorge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#54525 3 years ago
That book sounds far out ~ definitely better than tv!!!! I'm think gonna get it
Thanks, Guitar George
I agree about negativity ~ life is too short. When faced with soul thieves it's best to ignore them or better yet try to feel some compassion. Mean people are usually in a pretty bad place and don't know how to get out.

On this thread's topic ~ I am going to TRY(not tech savvy) to post that link for JC's FB fan page when I get home later, anyone who is on FB should join it!

Hurry up Red Rocks!!!!!
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#54529 3 years ago
LOVE Jeffs playing.....
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#54724 3 years ago
Ok this is my first attempt at putting a link into a post on this forum, so it isn't a sure thing that it'll work.
www.facebook.com/#!/groups/53866006089/
I said I'd try to post the link to Jeff's FB group, because really with just a little over 300 members , it isn't nearly big enough for such a huge talent

Thanks to Furthur Flower for that youtube clip, it WAS great to hear Mickey say that he hoped that this music would continue being played forever.

edit: I don't know why that second part of the URL won't turn blue. If anyone knows how to fix it, feel free to advise, or just go ahead and repost it ~ TY from a less than computer savvy individual.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ruby_claire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#54780 3 years ago
JEFF IS THE FUCKN MAN, i need to find me a tshirt with him tearing the keys
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
tomtaliman
Visitor

#54782 3 years ago
Whose Jeff c?
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#54794 3 years ago
I sat right in front of him at the Patriot Center 1st row this spring and wow, I completly agree, he flipped me out when he teased "you never give me your money" at the show
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#54910 3 years ago
Fans of Jeff Chimenti

Here is a link Ruby Claire ^
I used to have a hard time posting stuff here when I was using Explorer. When I use Mozilla Firefox, all these little icons appear that are not there in Explorer. What Browser do you use?

ruby_claire wrote:
Ok this is my first attempt at putting a link into a post on this forum, so it isn't a sure thing that it'll work.
www.facebook.com/#!/groups/53866006089/
I said I'd try to post the link to Jeff's FB group, because really with just a little over 300 members , it isn't nearly big enough for such a huge talent

Thanks to Furthur Flower for that youtube clip, it WAS great to hear Mickey say that he hoped that this music would continue being played forever.

edit: I don't know why that second part of the URL won't turn blue. If anyone knows how to fix it, feel free to advise, or just go ahead and repost it ~ TY from a less than computer savvy individual.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds