• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: Jeff C. appriciation

#53922 2 years, 7 months ago
The guys a delicate monster behind those keys! Loved him in Frog Brigade, Ratdog and now in Furthur, I just get this feeling that if or when Furthur does hang its proverbial hat up, Jeff an John, an hopefully Joe, just pull out all the songs they've been noodling around with in between Dead tunes on the road and hit some fat tours! All in all, i love this guy and I am really glad that at least all of the shows Ive been to, Jeffs always loud and clear in the mix, Even if I lose Bobby of Phil for a moment I can always hear what Jeffs doing over there on the side
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
Girl 11
Fresh Boarder

#53934 2 years, 7 months ago
I am just in love with the way Jeff plays that piano. I can't hear enough of it. He adds so much to Furthur and is the reason I go to as many shows as I can now. I just hope when Furthur winds down he doesn't disappear from us out here on the East Coast. For those interested, there's a Fans of Jeff Chimenti FB page. Only about 300 members (shocking, I know). I can't get the link to post right here so you'll have to search for yourself.
That new Tri video of Jeff with FOG is spectacular. So sweet.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#53944 2 years, 7 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
The guys a delicate monster behind those keys!

Very well put! It's amazing how his little fills will suddenly come out of nowhere & just hook you in! Love how he gets all jazzy, like he just can't help himself. I've been listening to some of the recent shows and digging his interplay with the other guys; particularly the sort of call & response w/ JK and oftentimes running a little back & forth w/ Russo!

Thanks for the thread! "Let Jeff sing!!!!"
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#54020 2 years, 7 months ago
Just got to say I love the positive energy on this board towards the band and music. So glad Furthur decided to make their own board. I really got sick of the negative vibes on the zone. Thanks everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, Xonk
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#54095 2 years, 7 months ago
Good thread. I think he's awesome. I have mentioned how awesome he is on some show reviews and think he carries that GD legacy perfectly. When he jams out it makes me shake my bones like I did back in the day. Some of my favorites are his jamming out franklin's tower at the end, he is spooky good on death don't have no mercy, eyes jams are awesome, many many more. Those are just a few of my favs. Jeff is a rock star for sure.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#54103 2 years, 7 months ago
I feel ashamed that all those times I saw him play for Ratdog I never really noticed him. My first Furthur show I saw him go crazy on the keys and I was sold. Jeff is the man!
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#54210 2 years, 7 months ago
Jeff is absolutely perfect with Furthur!!! His sound is so effortlessly perfect. He does such an incredible job at not sounding just like Keith or just like Brent, etc..... he sounds like Jeff. This is why this band is so amazing.... each member is an absolute master in their own right!
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge, scar1et_f1re
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#54217 2 years, 7 months ago
I love Jeff, no need to go into detail - I agree with everything said so far, except that person who said he 'over plays' or something of that nature...... I will point out 1 more thing I don't think was mentioned yet, when him and JK are going back and forth, like at Best Buy you could see Jeff was so into it and JK was about to start then Jeff holds up a finger meaning '1 minute' as he jams out a little more.....
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#54268 2 years, 7 months ago
jeff has been playing with bob awhile now, hes pickin up his moves! i have always heard jeff inthe mix with furthur or ratdog, he was just more restrained in ratdog, at first he was.
ok back to the impossible dream.
imagine a jerry/jeff jam. damn damn damn, i wish the big man was around, though i did think i saw him smiling down during hell in a bucket at shoreline, but i was trippng and shit, it was like he started smiling more and more towards the end until his face just dissapeared. so much so i think i was yelling i love you jerry towards the end, causeing the older people aaround me to laugh thinking i thought it was jerry on stage. oh well...i knew who was talking too, and so do the boys on stage i hope. LOVE YOU JERRY!!!!!
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#54297 2 years, 7 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
jeff has been playing with bob awhile now, hes pickin up his moves! i have always heard jeff inthe mix with furthur or ratdog, he was just more restrained in ratdog, at first he was.
ok back to the impossible dream.
imagine a jerry/jeff jam. damn damn damn, i wish the big man was around, though i did think i saw him smiling down during hell in a bucket at shoreline, but i was trippng and shit, it was like he started smiling more and more towards the end until his face just dissapeared. so much so i think i was yelling i love you jerry towards the end, causeing the older people aaround me to laugh thinking i thought it was jerry on stage. oh well...i knew who was talking too, and so do the boys on stage i hope. LOVE YOU JERRY!!!!!

I have this book, In the Spirit, Conversations with the Spirit of Jerry Garcia, by Wendy Weir (Bob's sister). Wendy contacted Jerry after his death and one of the things Jerry said was it was important for the rest of the band to keep playing music. She also said that some people saw Jerry materialize on the stage on June 4, 1998, Warfield, SF, the first show of the Other Ones.

Lots of interesting stuff in that book if you believe people can communicate with spirits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, bokb
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds