• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Jeff C. appriciation

#53762 3 years, 1 month ago
jeff has done more for ratdog, and now furthurs sound than anyone else on a reg. basis. i mean wassy, mark and jay are just as important to ratdogs sound, and JK and the back up singers and drummer are important to furthurs current awsomeness, but jeff seems really dedicated to carrying on the whole GD scene/vibe into the future. his skills at the keys are xactly what the boys need, he is delicate when appriate and can rock and roll and lead the boys into some great spaces with his jammin, i have really enjoyed the interplay between jeff and JK, almost as much as i enjoyed him and Mark and Kenny with ratdog.

WELL PLAYED JEFF MY BOY, WELL PLAYED.
your dedication have made your irreplacable in my eyes/ears. hope you are "on the bus" for a long long time.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by illuminaughty. Reason: cant spell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Gr8fulauditors, guitargeorge, iamthedoor, Abba, DangerousDan
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Jeff C. appriciation

#53763 3 years, 1 month ago
Absolutely! I vote Jeff most likely to succeed! Loved him in Ratdog, and now Furthur. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#53766 3 years, 1 month ago
Love Jeff....love when he rips those keys up
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#53768 3 years, 1 month ago
Jeff is my favorite Dead keyboardist. And I think he is a musical genius. Anybody know if he writes music? Cool if Furthur could do an original Jeff C. tune.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, iamthedoor
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#53771 3 years, 1 month ago
yeah he is a beast...i like that he plays the whole variety...i.e. keyboard, b3, grand piano, fender rhodes, synthesizer and whatever else he's got back there..he understands the dynamics of the music very well...his jazz influence attributes to some of his extremely dissonant playing, especially during songs like the eyes solo or duprees

i think the bond between him and JK has grown exponentially since the beginning, and it is still developing

i really didn't recognize him as such a driving force during the ratbob days especially a while back...to me he just blended in with that lineup...he is given much more freedom with furthur..and seeing him AND barraco one summer for the dead tour was pretty interesting....i've wondered quite a bit what furthur would sound like with rob barraco...i know he became a permanent dso member in 07 or something but i always loved him with phil and friends...he added some sweet, sweet vocals...

but really after seeing him with dso back when jk was still a member (graciously meeting him on several occasions, including a phish show) and seeing chimenti with furthur i think i would prefer the latter, but i wouild still love to hear headband play with furthur
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#53774 3 years, 1 month ago
i wondered that also, i have no idea. i would think he had a big part in alot of those ratdog originals, music wise, not lyrics as far as i know. but yeah, i would love to hear some jeff songs.

you can just see the joy rollin off him when hes in a band and thier on fire and hes rollin along, i bet Jerry would have loved to have played with jeff.

damn i have never considered that before. imagine, a jeff/jerry jam. that would be epic. damn now i miss jerry.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#53803 3 years, 1 month ago
Jeff is the man! He's right were he needs to be....and that's in Furthur! Furthur is such an amazing band who has the ability to create this energy I've never felt from another band. And they each fill a piece that makes it complete! I fucking love it!!!

But back to Jeff. Yea I never really noticed him in Ratdog. I was too busy vibing off the horns...lol But man Jeff showed me what was up when he joined Furthur. He is the best at what he does and I don't think anyone can replace his spot in Furthur, Ratdog, The Dead. Never just never!!! They way tears up those keys amazes me. My favorite is Cumberland Blues. Man he plays them so fast my mind is just blown!!

This is my favorite Jeff memory. I was on the rail at the Columbus, OH show on 7/2/10 and the start of Two Djinn Jeff was doing his little solo entry into the song and in the middle of his solo Bobby and Phil are looking at each other like wow Jeff has never taken it here before.....They were loving it! Jeff was getting lost and going crazy and Phil had to do a tiny lil Phil bomb to bring him back to his place. It was amazing!

I really wish he would start up his own little side project. I'd love to see what he has to offer. I'm sure I'd totally dig it!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge, iamthedoor
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#53859 3 years, 1 month ago
I like piano on the Stones cover "We Love You." Piano drives that song. Surprise bust out on NYE '10.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#53862 3 years, 1 month ago
got a lot of brent in him
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#53909 3 years, 1 month ago
I love Jeff!!! I can't ever think of enough superlatives to describe how his playing makes me feel...<3

Jeff & John together = magic. I was just listening to SPAC tonight and I could not stop smiling!

The new TRI video featuring Jeff playing Brokedown Palace...well, if anyone hasn't heard it ~ they should go listen to it right now!

When music is that hauntingly beautiful, how could words possibly describe it?
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge, iamthedoor
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds