• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Should we as a group call into "tales from the gol

#53651 3 years, 1 month ago
I was wondering if we should call into the sirius / xm radio show tales from the golden road?

It's a fun show. Cap't Tony can explain his presidential platform (nothing); I'm sure DH420 can entertain them too. We could plug this site if we wanted or ???

Any thoughts? It's pretty ez to get through and get on the air. We could probably even take over the show if we wanted
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by scar1et_f1re.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony, DeadHead420
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Re: Should we as a group call into "tales from the gol

#53656 3 years, 1 month ago
Great idea!! How about if we do it this Sunday, Sept. 4th? The number is (888) 897-4748. The show runs from 4 until 6pm East Coast time. Who's in?
Without love day to day insanity's king
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#53665 3 years, 1 month ago
I'm always up for calling in, but do we have an agenda or message to spread? Now that I have broken my call in "virginity" I think I can do much better on the air (the first time my mind went to mush when David Gans took my call).

We may want to consider waiting a week because of storm damage (my area will be dark until next Monday at least) and people away for the holidays, but I am ok any day / time.

We also should ask someone to record the show, they do not archive them - but they rebroadcast them 2X during the week (Mon at 9am est and another day at like 1 in the am)

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#53953 3 years, 1 month ago
I was thinking about calling in this weekend (or next) and asking their opinion on the Billy quote that Furthur is "boring" (Paraphrasing a bit). The co-hosts are connected with the band.

I would also like to sliip in a plug for the non-fantasy football pool, what the heck, hit a lot of listeners at once. Maybe plug this site..I think that's a good idea but not sure.

Any other thoughts on topics?

captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#54085 3 years, 1 month ago
I like this idea if every Deadhead voted then I am a shoo-in. We do need to agree on a date. I work all this weekend so I have no access to XM there. I'm sure I can get Gans to hang up on me within the first thirty seconds, but the best soundbites are only ten to fifteen seconds, just need to get straight to the point - I could say DH420 sucks. That's about as straight to the point as there is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#54411 3 years, 1 month ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I was thinking about calling in this weekend (or next) and asking their opinion on the Billy quote that Furthur is "boring" (Paraphrasing a bit). The co-hosts are connected with the band.

I would also like to sliip in a plug for the non-fantasy football pool, what the heck, hit a lot of listeners at once. Maybe plug this site..I think that's a good idea but not sure.

The one time I called in that's what I asked them about--Billly's quote about Furthur being a "cover band". The hosts' response was that they thought the quote was taken out of context and that Billy and the other core four are all on good terms with each other. They (David Gans and Gary Lampert) are huge Furthur fans.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#54418 3 years, 1 month ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:

The one time I called in that's what I asked them about--Billly's quote about Furthur being a "cover band". The hosts' response was that they thought the quote was taken out of context and that Billy and the other core four are all on good terms with each other. They (David Gans and Gary Lampert) are huge Furthur fans.

Thanks, guess my initial question should be scrapped. Even since I was turned onto anysoldier.com (yesterday) I have been fixated reading all the requests. Seeing soldiers asking for SD cards so they can take picutres really got to me for some reason. I have several cards, it's really nothing for me to send a few. And they want shampoo, socks, batteries and other things I take for granted. Shit I take from hotels and leave in my drawer would mean a lot to them. I was thinking of asking the audience if they would consider sending in anything to make the guys smile. What if we collectively sent in the old camera's we have sitting in drawers with sd cards. Or even our old magazines...I get rolling stones magazine now from buying some tickets, I don't read it too often.

Personally, I'd love to send a special care package...like the line...your deputant (sp) knows what you need, but I know what you want. These guys are homesick, could you imagine if someone sent them a some fresh NY bagels or a real NY pizza or even fresh fruit (I don't know if that works logistically). Even chunky soup and stuff, again the stuff I take for granted. You know when we get a craving for a burger or something, it's not a big deal for us to satisfy our hunger. These guys can't just go to the nearest burger or pizza joint.

And then I want to plug the non-fantasy football pool, I would even ask David and Gary to join (I know they are big baseball fans) or ask David if he'd consider donating something signed as a prize (if I can get him off the air).

Love to plug this site too.

What do you think guys / gals / Tony? This Sunday, assuming they are back live?

Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#54430 3 years, 1 month ago
I would be down, except as a lot of folks here I probably would need no less than 20 shows of tales from ..to tell all my insane stories... and thats only counting the ones I can remember.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#54435 3 years, 1 month ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
I would be down, except as a lot of folks here I probably would need no less than 20 shows of tales from ..to tell all my insane stories... and thats only counting the ones I can remember.

Cool, so you are in? We can tape the whole damn show (I hope). I think it would be a panic.

Even if you don't have sirius / XM radio when they put you on hold you get to hear the show on your phone until their assistant Ari puts you through. He does ask you what you want to talk about, but I doubt he rejects anyone. My one call was asking about the lyrics to black throated wind.

Good goofy stories are great.

Could you imagine if we all signed off the same way.....Vote for Cap't Tony for Pres, or anything goofy

Time to create page: 0.24 seconds