• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Here's a Great Recipe for...

#218687 1 year, 7 months ago
BROWNIES!!!! A few weeks ago I was in search for a homemade recipe for brownies. I found this one and had made at least 4 batches since! So yummy! And the frosting is amazing!!! It hardens and taste like fudge!!! Anyone got any really good fudge recipes? I'm in the mood!

519085.jpg

Directions

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square pan.

-Melt a 1/2 cup of butter in the microwave or stove top, then stir in 1 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

-Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp baking powder.

-Spread batter into prepared pan.

-Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.

To Make Frosting
Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, amusingdeva, bluetrainsugaree
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#218834 1 year, 7 months ago
Those brownies sound great, Em! I've got a recipe for truffle brownies that I've perfected over the years. I'm going to try and bring a batch out to Broomfield, if I can figure out how to fly with them.

This time of year, I'm making lots of treats for gift giving. This favorite recipe goes back to my grandmother; I can't count the number of pounds of these I've made and given away over the years. They're always a big hit, and the house smells incredible while they're baking!

GRANDMA B'S SPICED PECANS

1 pound good quality pecan halves
1 egg white
1 Tbl water

1/4 tsp salt (not coarse grained)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup sugar

Mix together sugar and spices in small bowl. Mix egg white and water in large bowl until foamy. Add nuts to egg white mixture and stir until nuts are coated. Add sugar mixture and stir until nuts are well coated. Spread out in single layer on well greased cookie sheet (or parchment paper on cookie sheet, then cool on parchment as well). Bake at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until nuts start to crisp (be careful they don't burn, though!). Remove from pan and cool completely before storing in air tight container.

Merry Christmas, one and all!!

spiced-pecans-1_thumb.jpg
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, FurthurFlower67
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#218835 1 year, 7 months ago
Sue you could always fed ex them to your self
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#218838 1 year, 7 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Sue you could always fed ex them to your self

The problem is that they're frosted and have to stay upright. I don't think they'd survive the shipping. Though I keep thinking about trying it. Maybe I'll use you as a guinea pig and ship a batch out and see how they do. They'd still taste good, even if they get messed up. And let me emphasize that these are non-electric brownies, but have been known to put chocoholics into orbit anyway.

Anyone ever try and ship anything with ganache on it??
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#218843 1 year, 7 months ago
Ship frosting seperate assemble in CO?
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#218853 1 year, 7 months ago
MMMMM I LOVE PECANS!
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#218858 1 year, 7 months ago
Bourbon Fudge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients

1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
pinch salt
Jim Beam Black® Bourbon

Preparation

Soak walnuts overnight in enough Jim Beam Black®Bourbon to cover them. Melt chocolate chips in sweetened condensed milk, add a pinch of salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until candy forms a hard ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add drained nuts to candy. Put melted butter into a 9" x 13" pan and add fudge. Let stand until firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#218860 1 year, 7 months ago
newyawker wrote:
Bourbon Fudge

Ingredients

1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
pinch salt
Jim Beam Black® Bourbon

Preparation

Soak walnuts overnight in enough Jim Beam Black®Bourbon to cover them. Melt chocolate chips in sweetened condensed milk, add a pinch of salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until candy forms a hard ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add drained nuts to candy. Put melted butter into a 9" x 13" pan and add fudge. Let stand until firm.

OMG mouth is watering now!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#218862 1 year, 7 months ago
This is just a general stir fry, rice noodle, pad thai, etc sauce. I think it works best with rice noodles, but you can really throw it at anything. I make it before I start the prep for anything else, so I guess I'm recommending you let it sit for 15-30 minutes and stir it occasionally. The gochujang takes a while to dissolve into the sauce.

2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs rice vinegar (I like the orange label Marukan seasoned the best)
1/2 lime (juice)
2 tbs dark brown sugar (or palm sugar)
1 tbs sambal oelek
1 tsp gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)

*makes enough for a pan serving 2-3 people.

**and don't be fooled by Amazon and online shopping. the gochujang should be $3.50-4.00 at an Asian grocery.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by ZenoMarx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#218971 1 year, 7 months ago
about that gochujang (red pepper paste)...

It's a new thing to me. A Korean acquaintance recently introduced me to it. Chili, stews, marinades, rubs, sauces...it's really versatile stuff and a godsend to those looking for a new, unique spice to add to dishes. I'm testing it in a lot of my recipes that could use another layer of spicy heat. I'm not sure which is the best brand. I only have access to the most common one. Again, don't be fooled by the Amazon price. It almost scared me off, too. I don't know why it is so expensive online. A 16oz tub usually runs less than $5 in a grocery store, and it goes a longgg way.

www.amazon.com/korean-food-supply-500g-G...p;keywords=Gochujang
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#219030 1 year, 7 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
about that gochujang (red pepper paste)...

It's a new thing to me. A Korean acquaintance recently introduced me to it. Chili, stews, marinades, rubs, sauces...it's really versatile stuff and a godsend to those looking for a new, unique spice to add to dishes. I'm testing it in a lot of my recipes that could use another layer of spicy heat. I'm not sure which is the best brand. I only have access to the most common one. Again, don't be fooled by the Amazon price. It almost scared me off, too. I don't know why it is so expensive online. A 16oz tub usually runs less than $5 in a grocery store, and it goes a longgg way.

www.amazon.com/korean-food-supply-500g-G...p;keywords=Gochujang

Great suggestion! It is a miracle ingredient, in everything, even eggs and plain/fried rice. I got introduced to it by my Korean sister-in-law. She makes her own from peppers she grows from seeds she gets from Korea. It's amazing stuff. I'm a bulgogi fanatic too, now. Luckily we've got a few good Korean restaurants in town, so it's easy to get. Haven't quite warmed up to kim chi, and end up giving away a lot of what we're sent home with. Anyway, gochujang is definitely a fun ingredient to work with, if you're wanting to experiment.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds