• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Here's a Great Recipe for...

#218858 1 year, 7 months ago
Bourbon Fudge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients

1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
pinch salt
Jim Beam Black® Bourbon

Preparation

Soak walnuts overnight in enough Jim Beam Black®Bourbon to cover them. Melt chocolate chips in sweetened condensed milk, add a pinch of salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until candy forms a hard ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add drained nuts to candy. Put melted butter into a 9" x 13" pan and add fudge. Let stand until firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#218860 1 year, 7 months ago
newyawker wrote:
Bourbon Fudge

Ingredients

1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
pinch salt
Jim Beam Black® Bourbon

Preparation

Soak walnuts overnight in enough Jim Beam Black®Bourbon to cover them. Melt chocolate chips in sweetened condensed milk, add a pinch of salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until candy forms a hard ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add drained nuts to candy. Put melted butter into a 9" x 13" pan and add fudge. Let stand until firm.

OMG mouth is watering now!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#218862 1 year, 7 months ago
This is just a general stir fry, rice noodle, pad thai, etc sauce. I think it works best with rice noodles, but you can really throw it at anything. I make it before I start the prep for anything else, so I guess I'm recommending you let it sit for 15-30 minutes and stir it occasionally. The gochujang takes a while to dissolve into the sauce.

2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs rice vinegar (I like the orange label Marukan seasoned the best)
1/2 lime (juice)
2 tbs dark brown sugar (or palm sugar)
1 tbs sambal oelek
1 tsp gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)

*makes enough for a pan serving 2-3 people.

**and don't be fooled by Amazon and online shopping. the gochujang should be $3.50-4.00 at an Asian grocery.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by ZenoMarx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#218971 1 year, 7 months ago
about that gochujang (red pepper paste)...

It's a new thing to me. A Korean acquaintance recently introduced me to it. Chili, stews, marinades, rubs, sauces...it's really versatile stuff and a godsend to those looking for a new, unique spice to add to dishes. I'm testing it in a lot of my recipes that could use another layer of spicy heat. I'm not sure which is the best brand. I only have access to the most common one. Again, don't be fooled by the Amazon price. It almost scared me off, too. I don't know why it is so expensive online. A 16oz tub usually runs less than $5 in a grocery store, and it goes a longgg way.

www.amazon.com/korean-food-supply-500g-G...p;keywords=Gochujang
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#219030 1 year, 7 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
about that gochujang (red pepper paste)...

It's a new thing to me. A Korean acquaintance recently introduced me to it. Chili, stews, marinades, rubs, sauces...it's really versatile stuff and a godsend to those looking for a new, unique spice to add to dishes. I'm testing it in a lot of my recipes that could use another layer of spicy heat. I'm not sure which is the best brand. I only have access to the most common one. Again, don't be fooled by the Amazon price. It almost scared me off, too. I don't know why it is so expensive online. A 16oz tub usually runs less than $5 in a grocery store, and it goes a longgg way.

www.amazon.com/korean-food-supply-500g-G...p;keywords=Gochujang

Great suggestion! It is a miracle ingredient, in everything, even eggs and plain/fried rice. I got introduced to it by my Korean sister-in-law. She makes her own from peppers she grows from seeds she gets from Korea. It's amazing stuff. I'm a bulgogi fanatic too, now. Luckily we've got a few good Korean restaurants in town, so it's easy to get. Haven't quite warmed up to kim chi, and end up giving away a lot of what we're sent home with. Anyway, gochujang is definitely a fun ingredient to work with, if you're wanting to experiment.
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds