• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: 2011-03-26

#53871 3 years ago
guitargeorge wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
dont need dope to dance ,sucks what happened to ya george i left NYC and never looked back hate that town like ya said "got the ways and means BUT JUST WONT LET YA BE!!!!!!"

True 83 that you don't need it...but some of us enjoy it...and sure don't mean any harm to anyone. Yeah I hope I never go back to NYC.

Dude we were totally cellmates for 4 hrs. Didn't they find some doses or something in your wallet too?
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#53877 3 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
im not against it enjoy all ya want i find i dont need it or care for the hassle is all

Sometimes it is a major hassle, for sure.
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#53880 3 years ago
[
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by guitargeorge. Reason: spelling
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#53887 3 years ago
guitargeorge wrote:
funky420 wrote:
guitargeorge wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
dont need dope to dance ,sucks what happened to ya george i left NYC and never looked back hate that town like ya said "got the ways and means BUT JUST WONT LET YA BE!!!!!!"

True 83 that you don't need it...but some of us enjoy it...and sure don't mean any harm to anyone. Yeah I hope I never go back to NYC.

Dude we were totally cellmates for 4 hrs. Didn't they find some doses or something in your wallet too?

Dude! I did not recognize you from your pic. Regarding your question, it is still not resolved, so I don't want to say anymore than i already did.

You doing any of the west coast tour? Love to get together if you are.
dont say anything without your lawyer present
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#53900 3 years ago
guitargeorge wrote:
funky420 wrote:
Dude we were totally cellmates for 4 hrs.

Dude! I did not recognize you from your pic. You doing any of the west coast tour? Love to get together if you are.

What a sweet story of Forum family togetherness!! : )

funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#53939 3 years ago
guitargeorge wrote:
funky420 wrote:
guitargeorge wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:

Dude! I did not recognize you from your pic. Regarding your question, it is still not resolved, so I don't want to say anymore than i already did.

You doing any of the west coast tour? Love to get together if you are.

Not doing any west coast because I'm going to Jamaica for Mule. Still hoping for midwest dates, and NYE isn't out of the question yet. There's also another guy on the forum Grateful Electric who was with us.
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 3 years ago by funky420.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#53945 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
^^^What a bummer! See, this is one more reason for Furthur to be playing in the Midwest instead of NYC. In Ann Arbor, it's a $25 ticket for less than an ounce (was $5 for years), but I've never known an officer to bother to write one unless someone was also being belligerent or rude in some other way. You'd get more hassle for the Winston around here than for the joint.

i'm moving to michigan!

lol, that's what I was thinking. PS - I have been known to puff discretely on the streets of NYC - not too often, only about 1X every day (walking to the train) for years.

I think it's because of the show you got unlucky there. Or cause it was a J. But I do try to be somewhat discrete, with a bullet. Sorry to hear about how NY finest treated you. Too bad they don't have better things to do. I hope you get "off" relatively easy.

Sick part is I still see people walking down 5th avenue in daylight in the middle of huge crowds smoking (even past the empire state building, which has cops stationed there 24 /7), and they don't do a thing about it. Maybe there is a quota for a show?

Now I am super glad I did not take that hit off the J offered by a stranger at Radio city. Felt like it was that line from Truckin....set up like a bowling pin.

~Goin where the climate suits my clothes
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#53955 3 years ago
I am from the west coast and flew out lto NYC last November for the MSG shows. I assumed it was okay to smoke in the venue, and it seemed like it was. I wasn;t being discreet or anything and I didn;t see anyone getting in trouble. Maybe it was the venues attitude? Heck, then again here in Oregon you can legally posses up to 24 ounces so it is easy to forget that some places have draconian laws still.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#54007 3 years ago
MSG is much more tollerant then Radio City and Best Buy - but I would still be discreet about it!
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#54016 3 years ago
For the Furthur shows in NYC, NYPD had a whole undercover operation going on (talking about Best Buy and RCMH, not sure about MSG the previous November). The van I was in was one of several. I heard they arrested about 42 people before the show, and people were taken to different stations for processing. I wonder how many got arrested over the 8 NYC show run. The police know that there will be a lot of people at these shows with party supplies. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. If you are not from NYC, you can get taken by surprise. And not having any problems at MSG in November 2010 probably added to my sense of saftey.

If I remember right, there was some kind of warning either here or the Philzone to be careful because of the undercover operation.

What's strange to me is that I thought of New York as one of the more progressive, sort of "leading the world" kind of places. I thought it was more advanced.

I grew up in the Bay Area, which is a more progressive, advanced and cutting edge type of place. I did not realize it though until i traveled around the country in my late teens. I thought the Bay Area was just "normal" but that was because it was all I knew. As a nation there is quite a continumn of social climate.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds