• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: RCMH UNDERCOVERS

#5386 3 years, 5 months ago
sorry to hear about that !
be glad they didn't take you to the Tombs or Rikers !
be cool , don't give em a reason to bust you
enjoy the rest of your weekend
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by the highway terror.
franklinstowr
Fresh Boarder

#5388 3 years, 5 months ago
kind of foolish of you to be smoking in public . you expect them to turn a blind eye? just be smart
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#5405 3 years, 5 months ago
sooo unfortunate...my touring buddy right now was one of those other folks in that van...was trying to burn one down a couple blocks away..didnt see him during the show thought something was strange...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
kamloops rainbow
Junior Boarder

#5410 3 years, 5 months ago
The Grateful Dead are NOT in town.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#5432 3 years, 5 months ago
Ridiculous! What is it, 1953 there now? I am so reassured that NYC is quite clean of serious crime nowadays, and that they can afford to assign undercover officers to important tasks like this. It really makes me want to visit there. And I'm sure the cop misspoke: he meant to say Bloomberg and who ever owns Radio City don't want this around here anymore. This story is chilling. So very sorry, but good of you to give the heads up. Sheesh!
CalliopesAndClowns
Junior Boarder
Bobby fans are people too!!!

#5444 3 years, 5 months ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:

NYC police are a hassle more than any others tho for sure. last november at Madison square Garden they where busting people for selling Stickers Patches and pens. And they where only using it as a excuse to search the vendors entire body to try to find joints or other stuff.

but yeah kid dont let it bother you. Get your ass to radio city and give em hell again! helllllllll GD is in town baby!

Can't catch me, or the ten copies of Alice in Wonderland I bought in November out front of MSG around 3:30 pm Saturday before the show.

Fight on.
This afternoon, streets turned grey and I watched the cars below
My time coming any day, don't worry 'bout me, no
carlspackler
Fresh Boarder

#5463 3 years, 5 months ago
If you are breaking the law in public and the cops see you, its their job to bust you. You are hating the players when you should be hating the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bitzer87, captaintony, racecar
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#5521 3 years, 5 months ago
Boy, NYC sure has changed since the 70s. Anybody remember Dial-A-Reefer?
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MPL
Fresh Boarder

#5529 3 years, 5 months ago
come out to the westcoast shows...gratefulelectric wrote:
I KNOW MAN. I'm just having bad luck this tour. I work hard all year to go to shows in the winter and i got screwed in philly and screwed in nyc. I got tickets for tonight so thats 1 good thing
Bzerk 2
Junior Boarder

#5694 3 years, 5 months ago
People just got to be a little smarter. You just cant fire up or wip shit out right outside these places. Take a walk about 5 blocks or so. These NY shows are in the major tourist areas. They are watching these areas and the next few blocks away like hawks. Inside isn't much better. Use your head and you'll be fine,Friday was not bad at all . They were poping people but Saturday they were really cracking down. The venue wasn't as dark as last years run. The whole place is under video surveillance and they were using it Saturday night. People would get done doing there thing and then 5 minutes later the narcs would show up. They took about 10 people out in the lower Orch & that was just were I was sitting. But some people just got to use their heads wipping out bags during intermission break isn't real smart and they were waiting & watching for sure.
Using caution is never a bad thing!!!!!!
Bzerk 2
Junior Boarder

#5700 3 years, 5 months ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:
The only thing left to do is Roll away the dew and let the good times roll brother! you still have two nights at Radio city!

NYC police are a hassle more than any others tho for sure. last november at Madison square Garden they where busting people for selling Stickers Patches and pens. And they where only using it as a excuse to search the vendors entire body to try to find joints or other stuff.

but yeah kid dont let it bother you. Get your ass to radio city and give em hell again! helllllllll GD is in town baby!

MSG has a real strict no vending policy. I found that out about 20 years ago during the Dead runs. They don't care what it is they dont want it sold or even given away for free on that block. I was giving away Dead related coloring prints and they swooped right up on me. I said what the fuck I ain't even selling them you just seen me give them out & not taking any money. They were Feds not just cops they said well no problem you just gave them all to me. They checked my id and really hassled me reading me the MSG no vending smeal.They took all the posters & that was that.
They did not search me or ask to search me but if it happened today that would be much difrent for sure.
Tim The Beek
Junior Boarder

#5707 3 years, 5 months ago
gratefulelectric wrote:

Cops said Band doesn't want it around the show anymore?

Sounds like cop jive to me...
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds