• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Bobby FIN WEIR

#53003 3 years, 1 month ago
guitargeorge wrote:
Walk in the Sunshine, I really liked the animated Bob as well. I especially like the animated Jerry. He was quite animated in the early years. A lot of it had to do with the crowd energy. Pretty hard not to be animated when the band was getting blasted with so much energy from the crowd.

Trying to imbed a video from 87 with Bob and Jerry getting animated in sync...crowd energy has a lot to do with it.

[video]http://youtu.be/sQRcVBF8wQc[/video]

<iframe width="960" height="750" src="www.youtube.com/embed/sQRcVBF8wQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was one of the best vids I've seen lately. You could see Jerry just totally getting emmersed in the energy.
The voices tell me what to say
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#53063 3 years, 1 month ago
Yeah love that did... not long after Jerry was back right? That version shows exactly what I lve about that song.

one of a kind.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#53064 3 years, 1 month ago
Love that VID
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#53364 3 years, 1 month ago
I have a memory of something that Bob did at a show, but I know I was tripping so I'm not positive that it really happened. It was in the mid-80's at The Spectrum and I remember that during the high energy jam in Estimated when Bobby used to jump out towards the front of the stage, he hit something wet on the stage floor and fell right on his ass. Did that really happen? Does anyone else remember seeing that?
Without love day to day insanity's king
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#53384 3 years, 1 month ago
Ed it did happen I was there. It was definately at the Spectrum.. I'm thinkin spring 85.... what actually happened is he went to kick a beach ball someone threw onstage mid Estimated..........and bam right on his ass. I also remember someone wrote a review for deadbase and noted it also.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#53388 3 years, 1 month ago
Bob was definitely more animated in his younger years, but he can still channel the "young Bob" when he wants.

as for the beard, i like it. these days Phil looks like the young one in the band.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#53389 3 years, 1 month ago
guitargeorge wrote:

It was fun to watch Bob the rockstar in his more animated days, prowling around the stage, windmilling, and interacting with the crowd. One show he got so excited he climbed into the scaffolding...it was kinda funny but also a little embarrassing.

There's a bit in Phil's book where he tells of Bobby's scaffold-climbing escapades, usually during "Sugar Mags" I think, and one night Phil & Jerry conspired to break into "Sunshine Daydream" earlier than usual while Bobby was still climbing! Apparently he made it back to the mic just in time! LOL!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#53395 3 years, 1 month ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Ed it did happen I was there. It was definately at the Spectrum.. I'm thinkin spring 85.... what actually happened is he went to kick a beach ball someone threw onstage mid Estimated..........and bam right on his ass. I also remember someone wrote a review for deadbase and noted it also.

Thanks for the confirmation!! That was a killer run! That was the run that included Easter Sunday, I think. On Easter, Phil came out and said "Hiya kids, hiya hiya hiay kids, HIYA HIYA HIYA KIDS, CAN YOU HEAR ME??" and they ripped into "Why Don't We Do it in the Road". A brilliant choice for Easter Sunday.
Without love day to day insanity's king
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#53400 3 years, 1 month ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Who is this guy? go to the thirty minute mark and watch him..... thats the unbearded guy I followed around in my misspent youth!

www.youtube.com/user/voodoonola#p/u/4/-VxUzq-y3X0

Dorothy called. Toto wants his moustache back.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds