• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Bobby FIN WEIR

#52919 3 years, 1 month ago
Who is this guy? go to the thirty minute mark and watch him..... thats the unbearded guy I followed around in my misspent youth!

www.youtube.com/user/voodoonola#p/u/4/-VxUzq-y3X0
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Bobby FIN WEIR

#52924 3 years, 1 month ago
Maybe if we all chip in for a really big razor??
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#52935 3 years, 1 month ago
I think Bob keeps the beard in honor of Jerry, but I could be wrong about that. The many times I saw them between 72 and 93 he just didn't seem to age much. I saw one later interview with Bob and Jerry and the interviewer mentioned how different in age they looked. Jerry looked old enough at least to be Bob's father, even grandfather! Jerry said something like, "Hey I'm older than him."

It was fun to watch Bob the rockstar in his more animated days, prowling around the stage, windmilling, and interacting with the crowd. One show he got so excited he climbed into the scaffolding...it was kinda funny but also a little embarrassing.

The stories that guy could tell...I hope he writes an autobiography.

Now, Phil almost looks younger than Bob.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#52941 3 years, 1 month ago
"I hope he writes an autobiography."

+1
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#52942 3 years, 1 month ago
guitargeorge wrote:
I think Bob keeps the beard in honor of Jerry, but I could be wrong about that. The many times I saw them between 72 and 93 he just didn't seem to age much. I saw one later interview with Bob and Jerry and the interviewer mentioned how different in age they looked. Jerry looked old enough at least to be Bob's father, even grandfather! Jerry said something like, "Hey I'm older than him."

LOL Watchin the NYE 85-86 Broadcat on USA I was with a "head" and another person who "consumed" but knew nothin about the dead. As they open said person said "Who IS that young guy with them?"

It was fun to watch Bob the rockstar in his more animated days, prowling around the stage, windmilling, and interacting with the crowd. One show he got so excited he climbed into the scaffolding...it was kinda funny but also a little embarrassing.

I was at this show.. Hampton 3-21-86.. I also believe it happened once on the west coast too... nothing embarressing about it... Sugar Magnolia the man was dancin with peruvian marching soldiers and was rockin out.

Signed pro scaffolding climbs

The stories that guy could tell...I hope he writes an autobiography.

Now, Phil almost looks younger than Bob.

Are you on Phils payroll?

BTW I'm not nearly as old as you LOL ... spring 81-95 for me... I MISS animated Weir........ Kids going to shows today need to see the "rockin" Weir ... in the day. Not that he doesn't rock now.. but I don't rock like I did in 83 either.

Gone are the Daze
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#52944 3 years, 1 month ago
[quote="Walk in the Sunshine" post=52942]guitargeorge wrote:

BTW I'm not nearly as old as you LOL ... spring 81-95 for me... I MISS animated Weir........ Kids going to shows today need to see the "rockin" Weir ... in the day. Not that he doesn't rock now.. but I don't rock like I did in 83 either.

Gone are the Daze

weir still gets animated just not like he i s 35-45 years old...i will never forget some of the moments like hard rains gonna fall from woosta where he was just so into it, or some of the killer hell in a buckets where he starts to cheese the hell out of the ending...it is certainly not as often or intense as it once was, but really what do you expect?

to tell us w e need to see rockin' weir is pointless...unless you are going to invent the time machine bringing us back to that era
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#52947 3 years, 1 month ago
Sure, Bobby is no longer performing like a 1970 Filmore East Bobby, but I have to say he is in fantastic shape from all that yoga & lifting. Just needs a good manscraping....
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#52958 3 years, 1 month ago
[quote="wlewis" post=52944]Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
guitargeorge wrote:

Gone are the Daze

weir still gets animated just not like he i s 35-45 years old...i will never forget some of the moments like hard rains gonna fall from woosta where he was just so into it, or some of the killer hell in a buckets where he starts to cheese the hell out of the ending...it is certainly not as often or intense as it once was, but really what do you expect?

to tell us w e need to see rockin' weir is pointless...unless you are going to invent the time machine bringing us back to that era

If I had a time machine I wouldn't be here! Anyway.. No offense intended , If i did i apologize. Was just pointing out that Bobbys stage prescense was a lil differnt back in the day..& I love the "cheese" to me the "cheese" is part of what makes me a fan. Love to see Bobby goin off at the end of bucket, LL Rain, Estimated.... that is the steak not the cheese. To this day I am in almost "in awe" of those who were at the fillmores... I am in what my circle of folks calls the "second generation".
The positive of that is I am 46 not 66. (Sorry Phil!).... and as any real fan knows your not a head unless you saw Jerry BEFORE the beard.

Bob rocks a lil here JK rippin it up!

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#52980 3 years, 1 month ago
Walk in the Sunshine, I really liked the animated Bob as well. I especially like the animated Jerry. He was quite animated in the early years. A lot of it had to do with the crowd energy. Pretty hard not to be animated when the band was getting blasted with so much energy from the crowd.

Trying to imbed a video from 87 with Bob and Jerry getting animated in sync...crowd energy has a lot to do with it.

[video]http://youtu.be/sQRcVBF8wQc[/video]

<iframe width="960" height="750" src="www.youtube.com/embed/sQRcVBF8wQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by guitargeorge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#52995 3 years, 1 month ago
Animated Jerry or F Off............. was lookin for a certain US Blues but found this...first minute ir so a lil rough but what do ya want from 84..........best show of 84 IMHO ..10-12-84 ..Cumberland ......

Time to create page: 0.25 seconds