• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

buffalo folks

#52806 2 years, 11 months ago
if ya got no plans tonight come check out the new group i was just asked to join last week...workingman's dead is the name...a local buffalo grateful dead cover band who've been around for a little over 10 yrs in the area...we will be down at mcgaretts on elmwood avenue and bidwell parkway...starts at 9, 3 sets 1 acoustic 2 electric
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

Re: buffalo folks

#52936 2 years, 11 months ago
Burt, wish I could attend but being in Alaska I can't. Drop some bombs! And save up for that 6 string Modulus...wish I still had mine.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#52946 2 years, 11 months ago
thanks george i appreciate it, i will make sure to enter the zone and let a couple tunes like jack straw and sugar mag feel some serious bombs...i swear after this tour i am putting my modulus fund back in action...make sure to bring your guitar on the tour man, would love to jam again, we'll have more downtime for it this time around as well
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#53175 2 years, 11 months ago
I wish. But when im in town visiting the family, maybe I can catch a show. Id love to check it out and I love hitting that part of Buffalo.
Dead in the Head
Fresh Boarder

#53252 2 years, 11 months ago
Definitely let us know when you have a gig again, I'd come check it out.

Is there any way to subscribe to threads on this site to knwo when responses are made in threads you post in? I'm new and still learning the layout. Thanks!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#53255 2 years, 11 months ago
^^ I don't think so .... but there is a search engine so if your looking for a particular thread you can find it instead of going back through several pages
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#53268 2 years, 11 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
I wish. But when im in town visiting the family, maybe I can catch a show. Id love to check it out and I love hitting that part of Buffalo.

for sure man, let me know when you plan on coming to the area

yes, the allentown area of buffalo is very sweet...elmwood art festival was going on and the college folks are freshly back so the area was buzzing last night
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#53269 2 years, 11 months ago
Dead in the Head wrote:
Definitely let us know when you have a gig again, I'd come check it out.

Is there any way to subscribe to threads on this site to knwo when responses are made in threads you post in? I'm new and still learning the layout. Thanks!

our next public gig is 9/9 at DBGB's right on allen st...i think it is for their 6-10 happy hour, i'll post a thread when it comes a little closer

edit: forgot to add...if you click on your own profile (simply by clicking your profile pic or using the furthur connect stuff) you can see a list of recent threads you posted on...it won't tell you when they've been updated or later posted on, but will bring you right there to check
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by wlewis.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#53272 2 years, 11 months ago
show was pretty solid not very many people there in the beginning we held off a little on the acoustic set, had the place really enjoying though..lead guitar had some tech problems with his rig when we went electric, had to do some stuff as a 4 piece to fill/kill time, wasn't bad at all...did an impromptu moondance>the eleven after rhythm goes "hey man, you know moondance?" mid jam... only the third time i have played with these guys (first gig together) and 2nd with the full band...

i've played in a bunch of groups but that was the most captivated an audience has been with a performance i've been a part of...some real dancers, lots of local heads...i am glad i joined this group...we both found exactly what we were looking for when no one expected it...the saying is true "once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

i will continue to post show dates and things of the like
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
arjanstar
Junior Boarder

#53304 2 years, 11 months ago
Sweet!
I grew up in Buffalo and although I haven't lived there in many years, I still make it back frequently. I have enjoyed Workingman's Dead in the past. Hope to see you in the upcoming months!
Feel good music in your soul. Make your body want to Rock and Roll!
Time to create page: 4.33 seconds