• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Lynx
Visitor

Got stung by a hornet while mowing the lawn...

#52151 3 years, 1 month ago
... so I doused his nest in poison killing his entire community and every insect he ever loved.

Almost immediately, and maybe even before this perfectly executed act of vengeance, I felt a little guilty. Should I feel this way? Was it wrong to use these chemicals on the environment? Was it wrong to kill a whole community of living creatures just because they were scared of a lawnmower and acted in self defense?

They were nesting in a piece of rotted wood that makes up my back walkway so I suppose violent confrontation was inevitable. I'm just glad it was me who got stung and not the wife or one of the kids. Had that been the case I suspect would not feel as guilty. I also suspect I would not have stopped with the destruction of just one nest.

PS It still hurts.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: Got stung by a hornet while mowing the lawn...

#52159 3 years, 1 month ago
I say kill the little bastards.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#52162 3 years, 1 month ago
I'm all for live and let live, but in a case like this you have no choice!
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#52163 3 years, 1 month ago
Don't feel guilty. Not sure if you have kids . It could have been worse if more than one stung you so you are saving the next person all that pain
GOOD LOVE
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#52169 3 years, 1 month ago
yea no need to feel bad, you did a favor to everyone else getting rid of it before someone got stung multiple times...
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#52218 3 years, 1 month ago
I would have blown up the entire backyard, make a stand against the little buggers, that'll show em!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#52246 3 years, 1 month ago
Consider buying a cow or goats to cut the lawn. Or maybe wait for President Tony to win and give out free elephants. I think they eat grass. Problem solved.

I agree with killing them buggers. I'm having problems with ants in our house lately. I'm going to fight them and if necessary ask Tony for advice how to burn the freakin house down, cause they are creepy little buggers.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds