• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

Re: Is a hurricane heading your way?

#52424 3 years, 2 months ago
Not any longer. Good luck to all north of me here in Stuart.
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#52433 3 years, 2 months ago
Looks like it is headed straight for me. Hope it's not too bad, I've got enough to worry about about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#52447 3 years, 2 months ago
Anyone in the path of the hurricane should expect to be without power for a few days. That's the worst part. Get your batteries and flashlights ready. You might have power but no cable. Picks up some cheap movies from walmart to play on the dvd player. Have a radio you can listen to with plenty of batteries. Fill up your car with gas. Being without AC sucks. I have napped in my car to escape the heat. Get a couple of coolers filled with ice so you can enjoy some cool beverages. Fill up your propane tanks so you can cook outside. Have some books ready to read. Fill your tub so you can flush your toilet if need be. This is a public service announcement. Lol
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#52448 3 years, 2 months ago
please all be careful I'm thinking good thoughts for you!
love love love
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
The following user(s) said Thank You: maredwar, scar1et_f1re, iraqistatefair
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#52452 3 years, 2 months ago
neverstop, i appreciate the advice i see that you are from florida so you must be used to this, however, i am unsure what is in store...i experienced hurricane isabel back a little while ago but that wasn't nearly as strong and i didn't live close to the atlantic ocean at all (currently a 5 minute ride to the ocean from my house now)
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#52457 3 years, 2 months ago
I live near philly. all my life Ive been through probably like 10 hurricannes here. Almost every one hits Florida first then GA and SC and NC....all states slowing the winds and storm down to a 1 or at the most a 2 category. Irene is coming straight towards notheasten tip of NC and MD then right over Philly and Jersey and NYC. We are going to get a very serious nasty storm . Im heading west a few hours cause I have no basement and there is a huge tree right infront of my home. I just hope to god people are not harmed nor animals that are kept tied up outside like slaves on chains or in pens. Wild animals run away from bad weather and take cover. Its thier nature. Those in captive cannot. Hope they are safe. I hope the elderly are safe too. I hope . i pray.
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#52465 3 years, 2 months ago
I've been through a bunch of them the last 26 years in Eastern NC. My house was underwater for 30 days in '99, and a couple years before that we were without power for 4 days. Other than that, they haven't really affected my personal life.
I work for a cable company though, so it usually means 16 hour work days for a while.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#52562 3 years, 1 month ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Anyone in the path of the hurricane should expect to be without power for a few days. That's the worst part. Get your batteries and flashlights ready. You might have power but no cable. Picks up some cheap movies from walmart to play on the dvd player. Have a radio you can listen to with plenty of batteries. Fill up your car with gas. Being without AC sucks. I have napped in my car to escape the heat. Get a couple of coolers filled with ice so you can enjoy some cool beverages. Fill up your propane tanks so you can cook outside. Have some books ready to read. Fill your tub so you can flush your toilet if need be. This is a public service announcement. Lol

You left off two (or three) biggies.

1) Make sure you have cash - if possible, expect ATM's not to work, possibly also no credit / debit cards for a bit
2) Stock up on your meds / be they prescription, liquid form or smokeable.
3) I keep hearing have a travel bag packed just in case you need to leave for any reason

Our local news suggested filling up your bathtub in case you need water to flush your toilets.

~Treat your children / Parents well
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#52563 3 years, 1 month ago
Presidential candidate Captain Tony, do you suggest surfing during the storm? I've never surfed before, but we don't normally have 8 foot waves here on Long Island. This sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime for me. I can get the big waves and not have to fly to Hawaii. What do you think?
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds