• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Song line that brought loudest applause ever

#51857 2 years, 11 months ago
this thread is goosebump friendly. Ed Just readin your description of Jerry pumping his fist made my spine tingle. Glad you folks enjoyed that one try this one of for size..ff St Stephen or space>Stephen... the MSG breakout:

Edit oops put wrong link in:

www.archive.org/details/gd1983-10-11.bey...r.32644.sbeok.flac16

This one will make the hairs on the back of your head stand at attention. ..another example of a funky/rockin early version of Throwin Stones follows it still seems to these ears to be a lot "funkier" in the early versions.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#52092 2 years, 11 months ago
My favorite dead one is the touch of grey in '86, right after jerry got out of the coma. The crowd is so loud during the "I will get by...I will survive" that you can't hear the band at all. I'm sure someone posted that though already.

As for Furthur, the loudest I ever heard the crowd get was during the colorado line, in I know you Rider. (That doesn't count the kid that was spun out of his gourd just screaming at the top of his lungs during an entire rider)

Also for Furthur, the first time (new years '09) that they busted out pink floyd's time. Wow, that was a goosebump moment, even though rumors of a pink floyd song were flooding since the night before.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by terrapin_blue.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#52264 2 years, 11 months ago
Not exactly a song line, but the crowds go wild at the New Years shows. Bill Graham riding in on a motorcycle suspended from the ceiling, or on a giant J or on big cake etc.

I especially enjoy when they break into Midnight hour when the clock strikes 12.

(Ken Kesey is going nuts here)

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#52297 2 years, 11 months ago
Wow, I haven't laughed as hard as I did at the 85 one in a while. Ken Kesey is going fucking nuts.

"OH MY GOD IT'S RASPUTIN! WE HAVE RASPUTIN HERE LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! RASPUTIN, FDR AND ERIC CLAPTON!" when it's the bands heads....
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds