• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

i would trade anything to have been there

#51181 3 years, 2 months ago

duane and pigpen on the same stage. jerry lets duane do most of the soloing , prob cause it sounds so good and he was frozen in a smile..bobby and phil so on point. I would of traded anything to be there with a powdered charge, cup of whiskey, carolina hand rolled, and a BEW in my arms dancing
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

Re: i would trade anything to have been there

#51182 3 years, 2 months ago
If not a bew, then my dog by my side
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51184 3 years, 2 months ago
you remind me of one of our old boarders here his name was intothesun.....i wonder whatever happened to him
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#51186 3 years, 2 months ago
my dads only GD show was 7/16/72 at Dillon Stadium, Hartford, CT which I believe featured Dickey Betts, Berry Oakley and Jai Johanny Johanson sitting in near the end, no Duane. My dad never got on the bus, he enjoys the shows I take the family to though.

it was an afternoon show and he said it was hot as hell there.... but he dosn't remember much detail except some members of the Allmans sitting and he said it was a good show.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51192 3 years, 2 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
my dads only GD show was 7/16/72 at Dillon Stadium, Hartford, CT which I believe featured Dickey Betts, Berry Oakley and Jai Johanny Johanson sitting in near the end, no Duane. My dad never got on the bus, he enjoys the shows I take the family to though.

it was an afternoon show and he said it was hot as hell there.... but he dosn't remember much detail except some members of the Allmans sitting and he said it was a good show.....

Comments: Weir: "Listen we're gonna take a break and cool off and we'll be back in just a few minutes. I suggest you all sit down and cool it yourselves for a little while. Berry Oakley and Dickie Betts played on NFA through Bo Diddley. (it was actually NFA>GDTRFB>bo diddley)

those were a couple comments on deadlists about this particular show...from the sound of weirs first set end line it was indeed a scorcher..nothing about jaimoe on there
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51193 3 years, 2 months ago
what a show to be at though huh?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#51212 3 years, 2 months ago
yea and if that show didn't get him on the bus then I guess theres probably nothing that would of...

I was going by a comment on setlist.net to BTW so thats where I got Jaimo from, it was probably just the 2 of them
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by MushroomMan.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#51214 3 years, 2 months ago
My guess is that had you been there then the only way that you would be able to recall it clearly now would be to watch it here.

Oh, no video? LOL, you on your own.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by StuartSlate.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#51232 3 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
you remind me of one of our old boarders here his name was intothesun.....i wonder whatever happened to him

I actually was gonna logg back in as intotheson...and my password was iraqistatefair...then i realized that was the box for username. I just kept it cause it sounds funny.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds