• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

Re: Pulling tickets off scalper sites

#52222 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
well I'd only buy 1 ticket and go alone if I had to go through scalpers, but I'd check ebay and craigs list first cause sometimes there on there for just a little over face...

it sucks but if there playing close and I can't get in, I gotta do whatever it takes. I wouldn't go through them just to get good seats, only if it sold out - I'd get the worst seats before I had to but I'm not gunna miss out - especially since you never know when the bus might stop.

Ebay is just as bad go take a look you'll see . ALWAYS LOOK FOR A KIND HEAD WITH AN EXTRA (there out trust me). I usually buy an extra because i know the ticket will go to a real fan who just wants to see the show
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#52252 3 years, 1 month ago
I will not pay $500 for any show (except maybe new years...don't even think I'd pay that for NYE).

I've also seen the scalpers stuck with tickets, that makes me smile. They are a slimy business, but they do fill a need. My "issue" is I do not like to go to a show without a ticket. And if I scalp, never more than one ticket, and usually I buy $60 face tickets for $100 or $120 or so. I always post on craigslist and look on craigslist first.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#52257 3 years, 1 month ago
I have heard of bands doing will call only as an effective method to reduce scalping. I think it's a good idea, but there would be some staffing kinks that probably would need worked out.

I don't think there's any way someone could be 'forced' to sell their ticket for $500 on stub hub. I think the seller sets the price, dont they? Now if it was e-bay that might be possible, if he didn't set a high price and people just kept bidding higher.

Does anyone remember all the warnings about scalping for the Obama benefit in PA? They said they would cancel tickets being scalped online. (which I think is possible) I expected to see people getting turned away, but I didn't see this happen at all.

I have to agree that the only way is to NOT BUY THEM. Always give your tickets for face or less, and to someone you know is going to the show!!! and if you can't get a ticket there is almost always one available in the lot.

I do feel the bands could and should be doing more about it though. It has to piss them off to know that some asshole behind a computer is profitting off of their talent and community! If they got the fans to rally behind whatever they decided to do I think it could totally work. We got a great community here, utilize it!!!
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#52287 3 years, 1 month ago
gratefulade wrote:
I have heard of bands doing will call only as an effective method to reduce scalping. I think it's a good idea, but there would be some staffing kinks that probably would need worked out.

I don't think there's any way someone could be 'forced' to sell their ticket for $500 on stub hub. I think the seller sets the price, dont they? Now if it was e-bay that might be possible, if he didn't set a high price and people just kept bidding higher.

Does anyone remember all the warnings about scalping for the Obama benefit in PA? They said they would cancel tickets being scalped online. (which I think is possible) I expected to see people getting turned away, but I didn't see this happen at all.

I have to agree that the only way is to NOT BUY THEM. Always give your tickets for face or less, and to someone you know is going to the show!!! and if you can't get a ticket there is almost always one available in the lot.

I do feel the bands could and should be doing more about it though. It has to piss them off to know that some asshole behind a computer is profitting off of their talent and community! If they got the fans to rally behind whatever they decided to do I think it could totally work. We got a great community here, utilize it!!!

Im all about getting rid of these assholes so sign me up
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#54109 3 years, 1 month ago
Let us please keep this topic alive Maybe if we have a loud enough voice the boys will listen
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#54110 3 years, 1 month ago
I tried to buy Warren Haynes Band tickets yesterday for MSP the presale started at noon and by 12:05 it was sold out. I almost guarantee those tickets will end up on stubhub. It pisses me off. I wanted to get killer seats because its on my oldest sons bday and I was going to take him. He'll be 11 and has started taking guitar lessons, this would be an awesome experience for him. Hopefully I can still get great seats when general sale starts.
The voices tell me what to say
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#54111 3 years, 1 month ago
funky420 wrote:
I tried to buy Warren Haynes Band tickets yesterday for MSP the presale started at noon and by 12:05 it was sold out. I almost guarantee those tickets will end up on stubhub. It pisses me off. I wanted to get killer seats because its on my oldest sons bday and I was going to take him. He'll be 11 and has started taking guitar lessons, this would be an awesome experience for him. Hopefully I can still get great seats when general sale starts.

Good luck i hope you get them
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#54113 3 years, 1 month ago
funky420 wrote:
sometimes/most time presale has only a limited number of ticks available loginto theticket site well beforestart ofsale and you should score some tickets i hope ya get them .your right i think it would be a great experience for a budding guitarist to see a great slinger like warren and how the crowd loves the players on stage might be the extra motivationhe needs to really practice hard
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#54168 3 years, 1 month ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
nastero wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
hows this for messed up? My buddy bought 4 tickets for Bono in NJ at $250 a ticket. His buddy backed out so he was stuck with 2 extra ticket. He tried desperately to sell them at and even below face, but no takers. So he put them up on stubhub as a last resort and sold them for about $500 each. He was not trying to scalp, but he was forced into it, at least per his version of the story.

Well, if he hadn't been able to sell them I would say whomever originally asked him to pick up the pair should have been on the hook for the cost. Also, while I don't know much about stubhub, I can't believe that there is a rule there that says you have to sell tickets for a profit, so him selling them for twice face is a bit greedy.

I don't know all the details, other than the other two were for his brother in law, and the person totally stiffed him (tole him to buy the tickets but apparently didn't realize it was $500 for the pair. My buddy may have been an opportunist once he put the tickets on stub hub.

I find it amazing that anybody would pay $250 a ticket. Apparently in a special place in Giants Stadium with tv's in the bathroom, a special closed bar and other nonsense not worth the extra $

I happened to meet my friend for lunch today and he told me he actually ended up "eating" the cost of the 2 tickets to see U2 - his choice. He told me he SHOULD have sold them for a mint on stubhub but he chose not to. He also confirmed you do get to name the price you charge on stub hub. He told me he once sold some Van Morrison tix on stubhub, but he asked for face + fees + a very small inconvenience fee just to sell them for a round price.

Just wanted to clarify (I passed along bad info in error b4).
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#54171 3 years, 1 month ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
nastero wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
hows this for messed up? My buddy bought 4 tickets for Bono in NJ at $250 a ticket. His buddy backed out so he was stuck with 2 extra ticket. He tried desperately to sell them at and even below face, but no takers. So he put them up on stubhub as a last resort and sold them for about $500 each. He was not trying to scalp, but he was forced into it, at least per his version of the story.

Well, if he hadn't been able to sell them I would say whomever originally asked him to pick up the pair should have been on the hook for the cost. Also, while I don't know much about stubhub, I can't believe that there is a rule there that says you have to sell tickets for a profit, so him selling them for twice face is a bit greedy.

I don't know all the details, other than the other two were for his brother in law, and the person totally stiffed him (tole him to buy the tickets but apparently didn't realize it was $500 for the pair. My buddy may have been an opportunist once he put the tickets on stub hub.

I find it amazing that anybody would pay $250 a ticket. Apparently in a special place in Giants Stadium with tv's in the bathroom, a special closed bar and other nonsense not worth the extra $

I happened to meet my friend for lunch today and he told me he actually ended up "eating" the cost of the 2 tickets to see U2 - his choice. He told me he SHOULD have sold them for a mint on stubhub but he chose not to. He also confirmed you do get to name the price you charge on stub hub. He told me he once sold some Van Morrison tix on stubhub, but he asked for face + fees + a very small inconvenience fee just to sell them for a round price.

Just wanted to clarify (I passed along bad info in error b4).

Thanks for the news but we still have the ticket brokers to deal with because they do set the prices which are bogus
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds