• Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Pulling tickets off scalper sites

#51713 3 years, 1 month ago
nastero wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
hows this for messed up? My buddy bought 4 tickets for Bono in NJ at $250 a ticket. His buddy backed out so he was stuck with 2 extra ticket. He tried desperately to sell them at and even below face, but no takers. So he put them up on stubhub as a last resort and sold them for about $500 each. He was not trying to scalp, but he was forced into it, at least per his version of the story.

Well, if he hadn't been able to sell them I would say whomever originally asked him to pick up the pair should have been on the hook for the cost. Also, while I don't know much about stubhub, I can't believe that there is a rule there that says you have to sell tickets for a profit, so him selling them for twice face is a bit greedy.

I don't know all the details, other than the other two were for his brother in law, and the person totally stiffed him (tole him to buy the tickets but apparently didn't realize it was $500 for the pair. My buddy may have been an opportunist once he put the tickets on stub hub.

I find it amazing that anybody would pay $250 a ticket. Apparently in a special place in Giants Stadium with tv's in the bathroom, a special closed bar and other nonsense not worth the extra $
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#51714 3 years, 1 month ago
Grateful fredhead wrote:
It's like this , Whatever scaleper co (Stub hub,etc etc ) takes tickets from fans and sell them at truly outragous prices .
So this in my eyes affects every single person .
1. The Fan = The fan cannot afford 250 -500 dollars a ticket so they don't go Who the fuck can afford that It's pure greed
2. The Band = They set up to play to an empty venue because people cannot afford such high prices
Tell me what band whats to play to a half empty venue
These companies are the lowest of the low if you ask me .
Some thing has to be done about it.
We can all start by NOT BUYING ANYTHING FROM ANY STUB HUB LIKE COMPANY NO MATTER WHAT .
If they see that any tickets they (steal) buy arn't selling they will soon not bother the next time around the band comes around.Cause that means they will lose money and they don't want that
The Underground Punk Scene Sells the day of the show the only problem is having to stand in line all day to get in.
But i would gladly stand in line all day to see this wonderful band.
The only way stop these fucks is to hurt them in the wallet because THAT'S ALL THEY CARE ABOUT .
So Boycott any and all stub hub busniess and if it means missing a show then so be it

I agree in theory, but it's tough to miss a show when scalping is your only option. I know I am feeding the scum and I try very hard not to. I will not pay ridiculous prices though - to anyone. What really burns me up is the so called fans that sell their tickets for double face, etc. IMO they are worse. Any extra's I have are either sold at face (with or without the fees) or miracle tickets - mostly for my perpetually broke friends. And now that I am able I buy extra tickets for most shows so I can help make sure deadheads see the shows at a fair price.

Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#51727 3 years, 1 month ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Grateful fredhead wrote:
It's like this , Whatever scaleper co (Stub hub,etc etc ) takes tickets from fans and sell them at truly outragous prices .
1. The Fan = The fan cannot afford 250 -500 dollars a ticket so they don't go Who the fuck can afford that It's pure greed
2. The Band = They set up to play to an empty venue because people cannot afford such high prices
We can all start by NOT BUYING ANYTHING FROM ANY STUB HUB LIKE COMPANY NO MATTER WHAT .
If they see that any tickets they (steal) buy arn't selling they will soon not bother the next time around the band comes around.Cause that means they will lose money and they don't want that
The Underground Punk Scene Sells the day of the show the only problem is having to stand in line all day to get in.
The only way stop these fucks is to hurt them in the wallet because THAT'S ALL THEY CARE ABOUT .
So Boycott any and all stub hub busniess and if it means missing a show then so be it

I agree in theory, but it's tough to miss a show when scalping is your only option. I know I am feeding the scum and I try very hard not to. I will not pay ridiculous prices though - to anyone. What really burns me up is the so called fans that sell their tickets for double face, etc. IMO they are worse. Any extra's I have are either sold at face (with or without the fees) or miracle tickets - mostly for my perpetually broke friends. And now that I am able I buy extra tickets for most shows so I can help make sure deadheads see the shows at a fair price.

Always see if there a kind Head with an extra before you go to those greedy fucks
I seen this lineup just eleven times and i given away about 5 tickets to those in need of a show
For me it's about community and the music not money because i know deep down when i need a ticket my good karma
will come back to me .
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#51730 3 years, 1 month ago
Grateful fredhead wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Grateful fredhead wrote:

Always see if there a kind Head with an extra before you go to those greedy fucks
I seen this lineup just eleven times and i given away about 5 tickets to those in need of a show
For me it's about community and the music not money because i know deep down when i need a ticket my good karma
will come back to me .

Of course, I think, hope we always try to take care of our own. I hate scalpers too. But some shows (like Bobby solo Beaverville) are very tough tickes (mail order filled one in 4 tickets). I know scalpers are scum -- I'm just being honest that I will deal with the scum from time to time as a last resort

83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#51733 3 years, 1 month ago
as long as people buy em they will sell em i refuse to use scalpers.it aint the end of the world if ya dont get in lets get real folks.if you buy from scalpers for WHATEVER reason YOU are part of the PROBLEM try to justify it any way you want but thats the facts.DONT BUY FROM SCALPERS OR BROKERS they will stop buying furthur tickets
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#51735 3 years, 1 month ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Grateful fredhead wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Grateful fredhead wrote:

will come back to me .

Of course, I think, hope we always try to take care of our own. I hate scalpers too. But some shows (like Bobby solo Beaverville) are very tough tickes (mail order filled one in 4 tickets). I know scalpers are scum -- I'm just being honest that I will deal with the scum from time to time as a last resort

Do what you must but just understand you feed the greedy demon thay will keep coming back for more .
Today it will be 500.00 next time it will be 550.00 then 600.00
Where does it stop when someone says enough is enough .
Think how greedy that this is ,they take a ticket at 60.00 and turn around and sell for up to 500.00 That's 440.00 profit
That's more than a processing fee that my friend is down right evil and pure greed and greed is not a good thing That's not what this scene is about at all .
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#52124 3 years, 1 month ago
Thats what im talking about brother. No excuses show will be seen at any cost . He cannot be bought or sold cuz you know Our love will not Fade Away.
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#52130 3 years, 1 month ago
if I had to I would but I'd be ashamed of it all....
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#52200 3 years, 1 month ago
500 for a show your all nuts.it aint that great lets be real for a minute here.i love the GD and furthur but come on
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#52211 3 years, 1 month ago
well I'd only buy 1 ticket and go alone if I had to go through scalpers, but I'd check ebay and craigs list first cause sometimes there on there for just a little over face...

it sucks but if there playing close and I can't get in, I gotta do whatever it takes. I wouldn't go through them just to get good seats, only if it sold out - I'd get the worst seats before I had to but I'm not gunna miss out - especially since you never know when the bus might stop.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds