• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

Pulling tickets off scalper sites

#51093 3 years, 2 months ago
I just saw Ryan Adams latest post on FB. It was on the topic of Stub Hub tickets.

His intern basically said that they were aware of the tickets showing up on Stub Hub and that they were pulling them off and putting them back on sale at face value for "real fans"

Does anyone know how this is possible and if it is possible, why doesn't Furthur do it?

The scalping sites REALLY suck!

I especially feel for those who can't get the money together at the time of the pre-sales and so have to wait and possibly pay way over face value.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Pulling tickets off scalper sites

#51106 3 years, 2 months ago
If it is at all possible, we should keep threads like this going to encourage them to try something like this..... scalpers suck!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51129 3 years, 2 months ago
yeah it's possible if you want to go ahead and purchase them yourself (as the artist)
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#51158 3 years, 2 months ago
@wlewis I highly doubt that this is what Ryan Adams is doing.

I don't know exactly what is being done. There is is a lot of argument on that particular thread on his page, but so far no one has retracted the original statement that they are taking measures to have the tickets removed from Stub Hub and re-released to thr general public.

Within that same thread I also saw another interesting piece of info. Someone said that some artist only had willcall tickets, and that this pretty much eliminated scalping. Something to think about, especially for smaller venues.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51173 3 years, 2 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
@wlewis I highly doubt that this is what Ryan Adams is doing.

I don't know exactly what is being done. There is is a lot of argument on that particular thread on his page, but so far no one has retracted the original statement that they are taking measures to have the tickets removed from Stub Hub and re-released to thr general public.

Within that same thread I also saw another interesting piece of info. Someone said that some artist only had willcall tickets, and that this pretty much eliminated scalping. Something to think about, especially for smaller venues.

i wouldn't have thought ryan adams was doing it either...but what other options are there?

some states have laws against scalping and they are not black and white...some have particulars like you need to be so far from the venue or something...i don't think stubhub is breaking any laws...they've been operating for a while...you think that this issue would have come up a lot earlier if it is a direct attack at them and their business practice...

the will call only idea is not bad but like you eluded to, it doesn't completely eliminate the problem...only those who do this all o ver the internet...locals and possibly tour scalpers could still continue the shady business
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#51503 3 years, 2 months ago
I too think scalpers are scum.... But those slimebags do provide a service. I have no pride. When I need to see a show I will pay what I need to get in. Thankfully I am now in a position to be able to do that, it wasn't always that way for me. I probably begrudgingly scalp 1 ticket a year. I also turn my friends onto plenty of free tickets every year, and they often come back to me too. Cause I remember quite vividly saving every cent for a show and deciding whether to pay the rent and phone bill or mail order to 10 MSG shows. No contest there btw, who needs a freakin phone anyway, and you can always pay your rent a little late

Pride will never get in the way of me seeing that miracle show.

Reminds me of what I used to hear about buying weed, I was funding AL Quida. Now I try my hardest to support the California medicinal business. Home grown's all right with me (don' think that's what the song was referring to).

~I need a miracle every day
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#51515 3 years, 2 months ago
some bands have been busted for selling their tickets on Stubhub.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#51517 3 years, 2 months ago
hows this for messed up? My buddy bought 4 tickets for Bono in NJ at $250 a ticket. His buddy backed out so he was stuck with 2 extra ticket. He tried desperately to sell them at and even below face, but no takers. So he put them up on stubhub as a last resort and sold them for about $500 each. He was not trying to scalp, but he was forced into it, at least per his version of the story.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
nastero
Junior Boarder

#51532 3 years, 2 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
hows this for messed up? My buddy bought 4 tickets for Bono in NJ at $250 a ticket. His buddy backed out so he was stuck with 2 extra ticket. He tried desperately to sell them at and even below face, but no takers. So he put them up on stubhub as a last resort and sold them for about $500 each. He was not trying to scalp, but he was forced into it, at least per his version of the story.

Well, if he hadn't been able to sell them I would say whomever originally asked him to pick up the pair should have been on the hook for the cost. Also, while I don't know much about stubhub, I can't believe that there is a rule there that says you have to sell tickets for a profit, so him selling them for twice face is a bit greedy.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#51707 3 years, 2 months ago
It's like this , Whatever scaleper co (Stub hub,etc etc ) takes tickets from fans and sell them at truly outragous prices .
So this in my eyes affects every single person .
1. The Fan = The fan cannot afford 250 -500 dollars a ticket so they don't go Who the fuck can afford that It's pure greed
2. The Band = They set up to play to an empty venue because people cannot afford such high prices
Tell me what band whats to play to a half empty venue
These companies are the lowest of the low if you ask me .
Some thing has to be done about it.
We can all start by NOT BUYING ANYTHING FROM ANY STUB HUB LIKE COMPANY NO MATTER WHAT .
If they see that any tickets they (steal) buy arn't selling they will soon not bother the next time around the band comes around.Cause that means they will lose money and they don't want that
The Underground Punk Scene Sells the day of the show the only problem is having to stand in line all day to get in.
But i would gladly stand in line all day to see this wonderful band.
The only way stop these fucks is to hurt them in the wallet because THAT'S ALL THEY CARE ABOUT .
So Boycott any and all stub hub busniess and if it means missing a show then so be it
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds