• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: fall/winter tour update

#51103 2 years, 11 months ago
first of all nothings on the facebook page and 2nd its silly to even consider this being true. Furthur looking for a new bass player on facebook with dates still unplayed? Do you think Phil would stand for this and allow them to try to replace him from a band that him and Bob created?

that is just so rediculous, obviously theres some Furthur haters out there trying to ruin peoples good times....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, jbeach12078
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51130 2 years, 11 months ago
i'll say it again in this thread....always look who created the thread before you start reading it
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#51140 2 years, 11 months ago
I would never believe that phil would leave furthur. It would go against everything he says in his donor rap about our community. I read some where that mark karan or kenny brooks wouldn't be a part if ratdog if they toured together and I can't see jay lane leaving primus. Will furthur tour as much maybe not but our leaders wouldn't do that to us
GOOD LOVE
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by brokenarrow.
arjanstar
Junior Boarder

#51141 2 years, 11 months ago
I don't think that all the energy of putting together a community/this message board would have happened if Furthur was just going to be a short term thing.

I'd be super happy to have Ratdog back, but honestly, I think that Furthur is here and side projects are goint to be occasional.

As far as a new bass player for Furthur, that is just ridiculous! Furthur is PHIL's band, even more so than Bobby's, imo. I imagine someone was just assumin/speculating due to the fact that Phil is looking to build Terrapin Landing.
Feel good music in your soul. Make your body want to Rock and Roll!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#51148 2 years, 11 months ago
it actually does say something on the 'Furthur Tour' facebook wall but..... who do you think updates that thing anyway??

def not Phil, Bob or someone from the band - and obviously someone who likes to spread rumors. I'm sure they probably know the band somehow (?) but its awfully strange to start a rumor like that on facebook with no sources, sounds like BS to me.... in the 98 comments on the subject someone said he talked to Phil and theyu are just rumors (I do realize that person could be making it up) but this whole topic just seems wrong and something that Phil wouldn't allow and I don't think the rest of Furthur would even try to go on without him.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#51153 2 years, 11 months ago
If Furthur does not play any more shows this year after Western Tour I count 57 shows for the year. Not too shabby for a guy in his 70's. I heard at the beginning of the year that Phil was pumped to play around 70 shows this year. I would not yet say that the chance of a November Furthur tour is totally Dead. As fas as Phil leaving Furthur, forgetaboutit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, LBDowling
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#51162 2 years, 11 months ago
Island Head wrote:
If Furthur does not play any more shows this year after Western Tour I count 57 shows for the year. Not too shabby for a guy in his 70's. I heard at the beginning of the year that Phil was pumped to play around 70 shows this year. I would not yet say that the chance of a November Furthur tour is totally Dead. As fas as Phil leaving Furthur, forgetaboutit.

I heard this too. That is was going to be kinda the same tour schedule. So let's hope for those later fall dates
GOOD LOVE
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#51164 2 years, 11 months ago
Last year Furthur played 83 shows, counting the live rehearsals........ thats more then the Grateful Dead played a lot of years
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51169 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
it actually does say something on the 'Furthur Tour' facebook wall but..... who do you think updates that thing anyway??

def not Phil, Bob or someone from the band - and obviously someone who likes to spread rumors. I'm sure they probably know the band somehow (?) but its awfully strange to start a rumor like that on facebook with no sources, sounds like BS to me.... in the 98 comments on the subject someone said he talked to Phil and theyu are just rumors (I do realize that person could be making it up) but this whole topic just seems wrong and something that Phil wouldn't allow and I don't think the rest of Furthur would even try to go on without him.

from what i've seen on there, it probably is nobody who personally knows the band...i joined that group thinking it was going to be something completely different...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#51170 2 years, 11 months ago
Last years November Tour was 11 shows and then the 2 New Years shows = 13

57 + 13 = 70 shows, Phil would be spot on.

One can dream, can't they?
Time to create page: 0.83 seconds