• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Mimsabella
Fresh Boarder

Re: Lesh postpones discussion of Fairfax Venue

#52638 2 years, 11 months ago
For those of us who live in Fairfax, CA and have been ecstatic about Phil's plans for Terrapin Crossroads here, the attempts by those opposed to the idea to keep Phil from moving forward with the idea are SO frustrating! But, we are banding together, organizing at a Grass Roots level and HOPING that an upcoming Chamber of Commerce meeting about the project on 9/1 at 6:30 pm will bring out the supporters and show Phil and Jill that there is OVERWHELMING support for Fairfax to be the home of Terrapin Crossroads. I appreciate everybody offering other locales as options, but I am really hoping the Leshes give Fairfax another chance to demonstrate our excitement about this idea!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, SunshineSue
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#52670 2 years, 11 months ago
DancingBear wrote:
wlewis wrote ....i'm not sure about potential...it lost what it had after post world war II...they called it "the city that god forgot" for a reason...massive decline in industry and manufacturing destroyed the city, same thing happened to us here in buffalo...could utica benefit from tourism? absolutely, but it does not have a lot to reel folks in from all over the country, let alone the state...

Thats why it would be a true act of charity and only someone like Phil Lesh could pull this off....lets face it "you carry your fame wherever you go" Phils venue would be the beacon to pull in young people and others from around the country and it would be the thing that would keep them here. We already have alot of young people...look at the colleges listed within an hours drive...the problem is that when they graduate they leave and when our kids graduate they head off to college and then stay away only to return to aid their elderly parents and then they are gone again. Why can't it be the Austin tx of the northeast?

there are a lot of young people everywhere, with colleges and universities surrounding any semi-major to huge city in any state in the country...i mean i get that you'd want it so close to where you live but utica having something everyone else has (young people and colleges) isn't going to make any it anymore of a candidate...and i mean this all in the nicest way...like i said i'm close to utica myself but it's just not the place i'd rather trek to california to be a part of it...crazy huh?

it's not going to be utica because phil obviously wants it in fairfax

i still personally think it should be in a more rural setting...it really wouldn't be that difficult (certainly expensive out there) to find land in a very rural setting, but there are ways to make it so it is really not even a problem for other people...levon has been doing fine with his rambles no problems and that place is off the hook in the middle of nowhere....like any other rural county route you'd drive on...you'd never know levon helm was living back there, and having the greatest musicians come play and sit in for a little with his amazing band
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#52672 2 years, 11 months ago
Mimsabella wrote:
For those of us who live in Fairfax, CA and have been ecstatic about Phil's plans for Terrapin Crossroads here, the attempts by those opposed to the idea to keep Phil from moving forward with the idea are SO frustrating! But, we are banding together, organizing at a Grass Roots level and HOPING that an upcoming Chamber of Commerce meeting about the project on 9/1 at 6:30 pm will bring out the supporters and show Phil and Jill that there is OVERWHELMING support for Fairfax to be the home of Terrapin Crossroads. I appreciate everybody offering other locales as options, but I am really hoping the Leshes give Fairfax another chance to demonstrate our excitement about this idea!!!

that's awesome you are the first person i've heard from that is currently living in fairfax...must be a lot of excitement/confusion going on with the entire ordeal...certainly something to be a part of in the first steps...i want to thank you for doing what you're doing, banding the supporters together and spreading the message...grass roots is right...DO YOUR THING PHIL!!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds