• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

Re: Lesh postpones discussion of Fairfax Venue

#51322 2 years, 11 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
my advice is to due the whole thing up here in NOR CAL (mendocino coast would be awsome). even if its a small percentage if some of the community is against it, fuck it, do it else where, there are places( here in northern cali.) that would LOVE to have such a venue. i believe phil even ownd a home up here in the 70s. so yeah, it might have been kewl to have it right around the corner from your home, but if you live around a bunch of rich conservatives (i have no idea where phil lives) might not be the best place. seriously Phil, you know Cali., you know where it should be. "the compass always points to terrapin"aka north.

Fairfax is a pretty chill town.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mimsabella
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#51361 2 years, 11 months ago
do it somewhre that needs the money from all the tourism it will bring. i doubt fairfax wants tourizm.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51363 2 years, 11 months ago
skinose i like your idea about the old summer camp...although it might be too large with too many wooks infiltrating from all sides...would need a prison style barbed wire fence to keep them out

dancing bear---hahaha utica new york hahahahahaha...sorry i don't mean to sound like a jackass but lets be real...utica....HAHAHAHAHA
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#51372 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
skinose i like your idea about the old summer camp...although it might be too large with too many wooks infiltrating from all sides...would need a prison style barbed wire fence to keep them out

dancing bear---hahaha utica new york hahahahahaha...sorry i don't mean to sound like a jackass but lets be real...utica....HAHAHAHAHA

It has lots of potential and it would definately benefit from the tourism because...believe it or not...its very noncorporate. The local banks never received any bail out money and there are still quite a few mom and pop/ home ownership businesses. There is still wal mart and target though.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

#51380 2 years, 11 months ago
that is a pretty shitty way to behave with some one that one would disagree with ....to stalk some one and harass them is about as childish as one can be , if not just plain crazy ...One reaction would be to fight this kind of behavior , but another is to move elsewhere

Quite uncivilized this shitty behavior !!!

I would go else where myself , because otherwise this crazies will escalte their crazy behavior
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51383 2 years, 11 months ago
DancingBear wrote:
wlewis wrote:

It has lots of potential and it would definately benefit from the tourism because...believe it or not...its very noncorporate. The local banks never received any bail out money and there are still quite a few mom and pop/ home ownership businesses. There is still wal mart and target though.

i'm not sure about potential...it lost what it had after post world war II...they called it "the city that god forgot" for a reason...massive decline in industry and manufacturing destroyed the city, same thing happened to us here in buffalo...could utica benefit from tourism? absolutely, but it does not have a lot to reel folks in from all over the country, let alone the state...

that is really interesting though about the no bailouts for the banks and stuff i didn't know that...pretty badass you go utica! i went there for that 06 ratbob show at the stanley, brought my then current girlfriend she hated it we broke up a few days later...saw the furthur show there in 2010 and saw that phish "guyutica" show now on dvd there..was actually pretty sick, the last good phish show i attended

i'm in favor of bringing musical acts there without a doubt...but phil, please do not ever think about putting your venue in utica new york...and that is coming from someone only 3 hours away from there...maybe out in the woods a distance outside utica i could get down with...maybe make it at gelston castle somewhere....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51386 2 years, 11 months ago
in general response to the issue of posting flyers...i do not find that offensive, i think it is a means of free speech...who knows why someone did not personally approach phil...maybe they are scared, they may not know how sweet he can be...maybe people didn't even want it to get to the locally political level, who knows...but to post those is really just a means of expressing opinion...phil even said it himself he didn't want to go ahead with it unless people were on board..so he is obviously taking a step back to re-think his current situation and where to go from here
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#51417 2 years, 11 months ago
I have been meditating on this for a few days now.

I support Phil and Jill in realizing this dream no matter where it is built.

I understand wanting to take a step back to think about it.

I was hesistant to suggest an alternate site; however, my intution strongly suggests the ghost town of Inskip, California.

It feels right to me.

Please take a short look at the following link

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inskip,_California

"High on a Mountain..."

Love,
Paige
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#51418 2 years, 11 months ago
"Fairfax Councilman Lew Tremaine said, 'It's frustrating. You think you've raised the level of political discourse in the community and then you get this crap. Let's not be childish.'"

Seems to me that the political discourse in the whole country is getting more childish by the day.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#51429 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote ....i'm not sure about potential...it lost what it had after post world war II...they called it "the city that god forgot" for a reason...massive decline in industry and manufacturing destroyed the city, same thing happened to us here in buffalo...could utica benefit from tourism? absolutely, but it does not have a lot to reel folks in from all over the country, let alone the state...

Thats why it would be a true act of charity and only someone like Phil Lesh could pull this off....lets face it "you carry your fame wherever you go" Phils venue would be the beacon to pull in young people and others from around the country and it would be the thing that would keep them here. We already have alot of young people...look at the colleges listed within an hours drive...the problem is that when they graduate they leave and when our kids graduate they head off to college and then stay away only to return to aid their elderly parents and then they are gone again. Why can't it be the Austin tx of the northeast?
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds