• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
skimfrosty
Junior Boarder

Furthur: Let the music play!!!!

#5069 3 years, 7 months ago
Now, I dont know much about the business side of the music industry. But what gives with no streams until 4 months after the performance?

I think what GDRadio was doing, only helps spread the music you guys are creating. With sold out shows, this should not be an issue. It is a great way for people not being able to make the shows to have a chance to share in what Furthur is doing.

I however do not feel like I am entitled.....I just thought the fans were allowed to share (non-profit) as they see fit once the final note was played.

Thanks.
Support Live Music
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by skimfrosty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooklyn Jimmy
Lazygate
Fresh Boarder

Re: Furthur: Let the music play!!!!

#5070 3 years, 7 months ago
I agree. Way fucking LAME.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#5072 3 years, 7 months ago
what is the exact complaint here? what streams? tapers are constantly uploading shows onto the LMA, sometimes the night of or morning after the show...i think we're lucky at all that we're allowed to record these and share? what is this 4 month rule you speak of?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
skimfrosty
Junior Boarder

#5074 3 years, 7 months ago
^^^check out the gdradio Tower Marathon thread.
Support Live Music
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#5078 3 years, 7 months ago
thanks skim--did not check that thread out---from what i understand that is just for soundboards...tapers are audience recordings, and do not have a time restraint, except the one they place upon themselves...god bless them for sharing them at all
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Touch Of Grey
Junior Boarder

#5125 3 years, 7 months ago
my sig says it all .....
If you want it your way, go to Burger King!
hippiechick
Fresh Boarder

#5139 3 years, 7 months ago
We realize it is the bands right to do so, but I think the fans just want a simple explanation for this.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#5143 3 years, 7 months ago
live streams would be nice but, i dont mind the wait as long as it's not like, forever
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Touch Of Grey
Junior Boarder

#5149 3 years, 7 months ago
1. I don't use /listen to GDradio ( my collection is my radio station)
2. I 'm not interested in streams ( from past experiences they tend to sound like crap IMHO) I'm patience enough to wait for the nice recordings. ( what would you guys done in the 80's when it took weeks to get two cassettes...? LOL)
3. To question a band/musician's motives that have given us so much is truly in very poor taste IMHO and shows how selfish the scene has become... the me,me,me.. now,now,now TUDE..
4. The bottom line is unless you are finanically involved then its really none of your/our business why they did what they did. If they choose to give us an explaination... Great!! if not will it affect my show attendance or show collections? Not one bit...

Thankful for what we have and not taking it for granted......... again just one man's opinion.....
If you want it your way, go to Burger King!
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds